Vendor notification on sale

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

How do you feel about removal of notify-on-sale feature

Poll ended at Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:08 pm

Yes, finally!
17%
It's better if it's removed
17%
I liked the feature
42%
I wholeheartedly demand it back
8%
I never used it/Don't care/What's this all about?
17%

Total votes: 24

+Colibri
Administrator

Vendor notification on sale

Post by +Colibri »

Due to a request some time back, I have finally removed the ability to make your vendor notify you when someone purchases an item. At this moment, i see that 247 vendors had this feature enabled, and 323 vendors had it disabled (as by default). Seems like this was a very well used feature.

Just want to see how the opinions are now.

Disclaimer: this is not a poll to bring this feature back. Just want to see the opinions about this as they are now.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Vendor notification on sale

Post by +Nyx »

Again I would have voted for the feature without saying who bought what. If it only alerted a player saying "Your suchandsuch has sold from vendor soandso" that would be great. I just never agreed with it saying which player bought the item.
Deorum
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Deorum »

Another +1 for +Nyx's comment... I like to know when an item sells, but I'm not too concerned with knowing who bought it and have seen where knowing who bought it causes arguments regarding people buying out cheaper vendors, etc.
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

There is a benefit to know what has sold from your vendor, which is why I used it. I don't feel that there is any kind of need for you to know who it sold to. In my opinion a sale is a sale, regardless of who it sells to. If you put an item on your vendor, at any given price, you have the expectation that somebody will buy it at that price. There are exceptions where people add outrageously priced items as display items, but they can still sell at that price, obviously.

On a semi-related note.. I also feel that there should not be a by name notification of who unshrinks your former pet. I'm not sure why that message is there at all, becuase there's no real use for it. But on the same token as above, if the notification is necessary, I don't see why the name of the person matters.
Agony
Legendary Scribe

Post by Agony »

I too liked knowing when something sold, but did not care for knowing who bought it. I used it on all my vendors, but would try to read the message while trying not to read the name of the buyer.
Cornbread
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cornbread »

Yup, agree with previous listing name was stupid. If I sold something didn't care who bought it.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

3rd in a row.. same thing, great to know something sold helps manage the vendor, but honestly Id prefer their anonymity was intact