Voting rewards.

Name says it all
Ishamael
Elder Scribe

Voting rewards.

Post by Ishamael »

Thank you for the clarification on the voting system +Colibri, it seems fair. I try to vote for this shard as often as I can, but as I sometimes will miss days between votes, does this reset the reward progression, or do I need to be religious about going every day? To be honest, I will never pull that off, I get too busy with life, and will invariable forget a day. When I vote, I do vote on all the sites.
Ruby Red
Novice Scribe

Re: Voting rewards.

Post by Ruby Red »

I try to vote from time to time but, like now the GTOP100 site is not letting me vote, therefore no voting is being read for me. Oh well I tried but will wait a loooong time before trying to vote again.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

To add to the dynamic IP problem, dial up ISP's (You may need to ask your parents) used to work that way too. Probably still do.
Character name: Ebony
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Ishamael wrote:I try to vote for this shard as often as I can, but as I sometimes will miss days between votes, does this reset the reward progression, or do I need to be religious about going every day?
+Colibri wrote:- Rewards decay: if you don't vote for more than 2 weeks, the reward starts decaying: 1 step every 24 hours. So after 14+22 days the reward is again 5k gold. This also means that as long as you do one vote every 2 weeks, you stay at max reward level.
(Some players don't claim their rewards for days or weeks.. the stone goes by the voting time, not time of reward claim, but still please claim your rewards about every month, as data older than 3 months is removed).
Thus, the progression progress doesn't decay until you stop voting for that period of time.
justinkace
Journeyman Scribe

Post by justinkace »

Rather than start a new post on a similar topic I'll mention a problem here. I tried voting and while I am pretty sure I did it right (I tried multiple times and didn't get any errors) the stone only credits me for one vote, out of the four sites.

Is this correct? Does voting for all four grant one reward? If not, any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

+C wrote:As we know the reward is based on GTop100's site feedback - they send information back to our server about whether a vote was successful, or if unsuccessful also how long you have to wait before voting again. If you vote only on GTop100, you will still able to claim the reward - but! As mentioned in the previous post here, I've recently been able to collect extra info about who really votes as intended. About every month or two, I will collate that data and see who has been voting just to collect the reward: reward progression of those players will be reset to 0, and possibly given a penalty where a certain amount of votes in the future will only yield a very small (1000gp) reward.
Character name: Ebony
justinkace
Journeyman Scribe

Post by justinkace »

Just like that. Thank you Annachie.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

Yes voting on the 4 sites gives 1 reward then you have a 24 hour countdown timer on the gtop100 site. Some of the other sites allow u to vote 2x in a 24 hour period. Feel free to vote as often as you can/want to on those sites although the reward is based on gtop100 which is 1x /24 hours. I have had problems voting on gtop100 when using Internet Explorer but have had no problems when using Chrome or Firefox. IE would cause the gtop100 site to keep saying I had already voted and come back in xxxx hours
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Rewards decay: as written there, as long as you vote every 14 days, your reward level stays at max. So missing one or a few days is no problem.

Ananachie: wow, dialup - i haven't even thought about that :) Now that i think of it, satellite is a combination of the satellite downlink and a dialup uplink, so I guess it's technically a beefed up dialup.

Ruby Red: GTop100 doesn't reward you: not sure if this is the same issue as it was 6 months ago, but at one point the only way for a vote to go though was to clear your cookies (just once... not every day or something like that). Perhaps that's still a remnant of that issue?

justinkace: to rephrase what Ananachie quoted - basically, GTop100 is the only site at the moment that gives feedback, which allows a precise rewarding of votes. But we basically don't need so many votes there (right now leading with 2200 votes, and the next site has 350). We do need votes on other sites though. Also it's a very quick action for a rather big reward (about 30 seconds for 1ED). So the idea is: vote on all the big-bold-letter sites; get your reward; yes there will be people who just do the one to get the reward; but with use of other data, the votes can be audited at a later time.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Ishamael
Elder Scribe

Post by Ishamael »

Thank you for the clarification, +Colibri and +Nyx. While I may not vote every day, I have extended my voting to all the sites on the bottom of the page (except the two you need to log in to vote). I challenge all you Excelsior voters to do the same! I am used to seeing Excelsior at the top of the lists, and am now trying to make it my mission to get our name to the top of every board! Just like our name implies, ever upward!

:dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance