Dmg increase questions

Name says it all
Damon
Novice Scribe

Dmg increase questions

Post by Damon »

I have a few questions I am hoping to get some help with. under stat caps it shows the following - Attribute- Damage Increase Total Cap from Gear - 100%, Level Wep Deed Caps -50%. 100% Cap from equipment, uncapped otherwise.

Just so i know I am understanding this.
1. If I have a weapon with 30% Dam increase already can i still add 50% and have 80% or can i only add a relative 20%?
2. Total cap from gear is 100% is this a hard cap? does a weapon count as "gear"
3. 100% Cap from equipment, uncapped otherwise - if the cap is 100% from gear but uncapped otherwise, what else can I add damage increase to go over the percentage? what constitutes as non gear? a relayed shirt? Shoes? I notice my rings with + dmg inc % will not add dmg to my total when looking at my stats if I am already capped.
4.Bonus question - Do spell books count as weapons? can a level deed be placed on these for spell casters?
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Re: Dmg increase questions

Post by Yoda »

1. you can but often other pieces of gear will add to your damage increase total so this would be often a poor use of resources (opinion).

2. as far as i know yes, and yes.

3. I believe this references damage increase modification through spells/buffs/etc ... this could be more clear

4. they do not properly count as a weapon, although I haven't spent a great deal of time whacking things with a spellbook to see if they do damage. not sure what to suggest here, I think 1m xp from a book.. could be tricky
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Damon
Novice Scribe

Post by Damon »

lol, on whacking things with a spell book. Awesome!
Eless
Master Scribe

Post by Eless »

1. You can only add points up to the cap, so 20% to a weapon that has already 30% DI.
2. All stuff that you wear including your weapon.
3. Check this webpage: http://www.uoguide.com/Damage_Calculations except that we don't have the 300% limit that they state (so another factors are your skills and your strength, and some spells like enemy of one).
4. Don't know
Damon
Novice Scribe

Post by Damon »

thank you both for the answers, i really appreciate it.

Do the Weapon Hits carry over from a leveled weapon to lets say a shirt relayer. Ex. level up my bow and add 60% lightning and 60% hit poison area then relayer it into a shirt do I still get these bonuses? or are they null when they are added to armor? Where do shields fall in on this? are they armor? or do they count as a weapon due to them being hand held?

thanks in advance for answers to the noob questions.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

absolutely not.. when you relayer something to a shirt, only its shirt worthy properties are used..

the spellhits are triggered from the weapon slot, so nope.

although lightning shirt...
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Post by mattwaldram »

Yoda wrote: although lightning shirt...
When I did my first relayer - which was a shirt or a vest or something - I was delighted to discover that it WAS a Lightning Shirt. I was doing Lightning hits using a weapon that had no spell hit properties. I was SO delighted about this, that I said in World Chat how awesome it - and, by extension, I - was. Next thing I know, I got teleported off my boat and into the closed-off ice cave near Fel Deceit, where +R made me attack a load of MOBs before proclaiming "Your shirt's bugged" and fixing it.

Just one of many, many times that my BIG FAT MOUTH has ruined everything for me.
-- In-game: Oslington Weasel
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Post by mattwaldram »

Damon wrote:I
3. 100% Cap from equipment, uncapped otherwise - if the cap is 100% from gear but uncapped otherwise, what else can I add damage increase to go over the percentage? what constitutes as non gear? a relayed shirt? Shoes? I notice my rings with + dmg inc % will not add dmg to my total when looking at my stats if I am already capped.
Nothing to add to Yoda's answers to your other questions, but re: this one:

Your cap from equipment for Damage Increase is 100% - so, that's your weapon and your clothes/relayers. I never bothered actively adding DI to my relayers, because I knew I'd just rack it up anyway over time. My total DI from equipment is technically 185%, but nothing over 100% will count.

However, there are things that add Damage Increase over and above the equipment bonus:

1) Your character's strength calculated as: (Strength x 0.3) + 5
2) Tactics bonus. Calculated as: (Tactics Skill Level / 1.6) + 6.25
3) Anatomy bonus. Calculated as: (Anatomy Skill Level / 2 ) + 5
4) Lumberjacking bonus if you are wielding an axe. If you are below 100 Lumber, you get a (Skill Level / 5) bonus, if you are at 100 or higher, it's a 30% bonus, calculated as: (Skill Level / 5) + 10.

There is, technically, no cap on this Damage Increase, (obviously the Skills have caps, but your strength doesn't really) - I get a further 292% Damage Increase from the above 4 properties when I'm using my axe (which is almost always).

On top of this, you can cast spells on yourself that will have the effect of further increasing DI (angelic faith, bless, etc) AND you can take Strength potions that will increase your DI while under the affects of the potion using the formula I reference in (1) above.

There's also, I believe, another DI bonus that comes from using an Exceptionally Crafted weapon... but this is more to do with the weapon itself, rather than your own stats.

Tune in for next week's "Weasel's Wisdom" where we will be discussing Spell Damage Increase.
Damon
Novice Scribe

Post by Damon »

I guess the str bonus to dmg is why why some people relayer the +20 str totem? I never understood that being done over a weapon till now.

Thanks everyone for all the help and information, it will surely save me a ton of issues in the future.

Now to just find that lightning shirt :)
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

well the totem relayered vs a weapon comes down to a ceiling to what you can cap.. its very easy to cap every relavent property one would desire, top to bottom and have 5-8 slots of hey what now, each of those pieces bumps hp by 30 so why not at that point..

and now you know.

Rahr
Elder Scribe

Post by Rahr »

I forget who it was but someone once swore up and down they tested and proved that adding DI to a weapon via sharpening stone did not count on top of their 100% DI gear cap but rather independently, thus increasing their average damage output slightly. I did not test this personally but I went ahead and added 50% DI to my weapon anyways cause..well.. “hold my beer” mentality. :lol:
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

Just to add another piece of information here, an exceptional weapon that is player crafted will also have a hidden damage increase that doesn't count towards the 100% cap I think.

I'm not talking about the 35% that comes as standard on exceptional weapons, but a stat that is not displayed. The down side of player crafted weapons is that they gain less SP per level than looted weapons, but it's something to consider.
In game name: Abarai
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Post by mattwaldram »

Opopanax wrote:Just to add another piece of information here, an exceptional weapon that is player crafted will also have a hidden damage increase that doesn't count towards the 100% cap I think.

I'm not talking about the 35% that comes as standard on exceptional weapons, but a stat that is not displayed. The down side of player crafted weapons is that they gain less SP per level than looted weapons, but it's something to consider.
Yeah, as far as I can tell, it's a hidden bonus to the weapon's base damage rather than the player's Damage Increase. If you get lucky and create a decent crafted wep (*chuckle*) then this is a nice little bonus. But, for the most part, it's not enough to compete with the SP delta between Looted and Crafted if you're someone with good Spell Damage Increase.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Yoda wrote:and now you know.

And now I know that GI Joe is dutch. What the actual crap...??! Mind blown. I always thought he was made in China based on north american copyrights...
JOHNNY WARREN!
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

1) I firmly believe that the sharpening stone increases the DMG done beyond your DI cap. I have a fairly close to end game yumi I used for a long time before adding max DI with the sharpening stone and, it does more dmg per shot now. It is not much but I that is what I observed. (I am well over DI cap on my gear)

2) crafted weapon DI from exceptional does raise dmg above the normal DI cap. A exceptional crafted yumi does a bit more dmg per shot then a looted does however, because of only getting 300 points to spend at level 100 crafted weapons are mostly just good mid level weapons IMO. Unless you are trying for a max damage hit record in that case crafted is better and you can get a exceptional slayer fairly easy and be crushing out 550+ DMG shots and felling like a bad ass.