Crafted vs Looted (new thread from Sharpening Stone)

Name says it all
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Crafted vs Looted (new thread from Sharpening Stone)

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Without going into droprates of looted and chances of crafted. I just wanted to drop my 2 cents on the subject. Oh and not gonna try and change anything either, not trying to go into that, that devolves into a mess usually.

So with crafted, if it's exceptional, it adds base damage.(Physical/Non spell). (Or something like that, can correct me with details)
Looted, you DONT get the exceptional, BUT the extra 2 points per level allows for an extra spell hit.

With both, you only get 1 spell hit to start.Occasionally I've seen a second on crafted,(Single target, and/or Area) but its low, like 7% on the second one. Then you add 2 more with looted, or one more with crafted. (of course you can add many, i just mean the normal, 50ish %) Sure you can add more, but 50ish does the job.

What you are left with is this:

A crafted wep with 2 spells and the Extra damage from exceptional tag, or
A looted wep with 3 spells and no extra damage from being exceptional.

IMO both can be useful. A player without lots of SDI, may find the crafted better.
A player with LOTS of SDI, may find the extra spell hit does more overall damage than the crafted with the exceptional tag

DISCUSS!!
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Re: Crafted vs Looted (new thread from Sharpening Stone)

Post by Nick »

Looted is the only choice for an end level weapon IMO because having three spells at (HL, HFB, and Harm) all at 60% is 100% better for DPS purposes than the extra 35% DI crafted has to offer (my yumi has 60% HL, HFB, and Harm, 58% HML 58% HSL, STR +8, HP +8 Luck 115 and use best weapon skill +pluse stuff you can add with a deed)

cost,
0-500 ED for a good looted 3x58% with (HL, HFB, Harm, HSL, HML or HLL) I paid 300 I think.
200 eds to change it into a yumi (or another weapon you want)
50 eds for bless
50 for SR 5
100k tokens for level deed
1000 eds for 10 +10 level deeds (you get extra 50 points to spend and its worth it if it is really gona be your forever weapon)
500 eds to make it 1 handed (this is optional but at some point, you need to do it so you can use the sheld slot for something useful)
you are looking at up to 2,250 eds for a forever looted yumi

That being said for beginners, midlevel players (and endgame players who would rather spend gold on houses) Crafted is a good way to go, you can get a REALLY good crafted bow for really cheap (50-350k)and just level it (100k tokens) and have fun without dropping ridiculous amounts on a forever bow. I have 3 that I lend out to ppl and play with sometimes. You can do everything you want with a crafted bow, it just won't look "perfect" and you DPS will be 30-40% less or so than someone using a "perfect" looted and you might die a few extra times but, not like that matters.
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

I agree with all of this. My main point is the SDI needed to make that 2k ed yumi worth it. I believe there is a point in your SDI, that the base damage from the exceptional tag is better than the 3rd spell hit.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

now THAT I had not considered and makes a tonne of logical sense but how much SDI makes this true.. this would be an awesome time for one of +Veritas' science like test it with actual data scenarios like the old days
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

I think you would always be better off with a 2k yumi DPS wise even if you still have your young tag... that 35% DI probably only equals 30 dmg per shot (tops, and that with full spell/discord chain being used) where 3 spells even with 0% SPD is prob 50-90 DMG (admittedly they won't all hit each time like DI will but 50-90 seems like a decent avg) of course if you got a really good crafted you could get 2 full spells, but as a new player having that +8 dex and leaches seem more importaint.

The main reason I would VERY MUCH DISCOURAGE a new player from buying/donating to make a 2k yumi is when you're new there are so many better things to spend 2k eds on that will better your gameplay a lot more ( 4 relayers, 220 dex gear, Pack of imps). When you are older and have eds for house slots, pet slots and glamour gear a 2k yumi is an okay use of your money. with a good bit of SDI on my gear, (nowhere near max) ID say I do 20-30% more dmg with my looted vers if I had a crafted, but I also have an extra +20 HP which I value a lot too.
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Even IF you had an infinite amount of ED, as a young player, there are things you might need to add things that are unwise to have on a wep until after you have decent gear. Such as Dex. Maybe even resists on a junky wep to keep you alive while you build up your char.