Is there a problem with the current TC vendor system?

Name says it all
Versales
Elder Scribe

Re: Is there a problem with the current TC vendor system?

Post by Versales »

Personally, I think some of the problems could be solved by expanding on the [exex system. If we could sell thing like power scrolls, stat scrolls, and some other things then people can sell some of their higher end items for a, more or less, even price with others or they can still price things really high and wait to sell it. Then some of the vendors in TC could go away.

Another thing I thing that would benefit TC is a time limit on your vendor spot. I think the current pricing for a sale is fine. I think that people should be able to rent the vendor for a 1 or 2 week increment and then your vendor drops to open the way for others. Maybe there could even be an option for a "re-list" where the bag that has all your vendors items on it can be redropped on your new vendor to auto reset your last prices (to save people some time repricing the same stuff over and over.
This would help more people break into TC and get a chance to sell their higher end items. And it would change the makeup of the vendors so every time you log in there are different things in TC to look at.

Another Option - You could make a third/fourth/fifth vendor area and each one (TC/MZ/XXXX/XXXX/XXXX) each could have a specialty TC could sell for ED, MZ for Tokens, XXXX for Elven Notes, XXXX for Gold, and the final place could be a special place that has the time limit and the ultimate selling place where you can sell for all currencies.

Another Option - If you really want to work a little gold sink - Make an auction deed for vendor house spot where players can have a timed lease (6 months?) where they can have all the advantages of TC. Then they can attract more and more vendors/customers to their location.

Another Option - Change the way vendors charge - Where it currently charges only after a sale. Make it so once you place an item in the vendor and price it you can't take it off without being charged. (obviously this would need some monitoring as a person might mistake (500 rather than 50 ed) but the current system needs some monitoring (pricing for 500g rather than 500ed (oops)) This would stop the 999,999,999ED "Pm me to buy xxx item." It might also encourage people to think and research their prices a little more before pricing.

That is all. Just some things I've been thinking about!
Valorian in game!
Erth
Expert Scribe

Post by Erth »

I've never had a problem with people listing items for too high of a price, it's not difficult to go through the vendor site and check the prices of items. If you can't handle spending thirty seconds on searching for items on the vendor site then I don't know what to say. I do find it silly that people list looted items for as much as they do. I've seen some pretty ridiculous pricing for looted weapons, even ones that people aren't really interested. If no one is actually buying them there's not much harm in them being listed for that much but still, it can be annoying to see them listed for that high.

If anything, there's a problem with how the vendors are taxed. TC vendors are incredibly cheap while the vendors outside of TC are wildly expensive depending on what's being listed and for how high it's being listed for. That's not to say that TC vendors should have a daily fee but it seems off to me that vendors outside of it cost more to uphold daily. The only two reasons I was interested in a TC vendor was the lack of a daily fee and the ability to list items for EDs.

Again, though, I'm mostly fine with the current system and I was fine with it even before I managed to snag a TC vendor. I wouldn't mind changes being made as long as they aren't too radical.
Wil wrote: Oh... I don't know why this didn't click with me before. Here's a solution: when you remove an item from your TC vendor, it account-binds for 14 days.
That sounds like a good way to circumvent that issue but wouldn't 14 days be a bit
excessive? It sounds annoying to deal with, personally.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

Erth wrote:
Wil wrote: Oh... I don't know why this didn't click with me before. Here's a solution: when you remove an item from your TC vendor, it account-binds for 14 days.
That sounds like a good way to circumvent that issue but wouldn't 14 days be a bit
excessive? It sounds annoying to deal with, personally.
I had the same moment Wil had, and then pretty much the same solution followed by your concern.

But in general his logic and mechanic is sound as heck, remove the item have a cooldown, but as shindaril said tricky to get right. I can see Lestat's point about organizing and moving stuff around in the vendor, and I can see how a cooldown could get annoying. so what do you do
Shindaril wrote: -Placing an item for sale on a vendor would take a fee that is returned to the player in full once the item is sold. This fee would be considered as insurance. The amount of this would be based on the item type and quantity. For example, a low amount of reagents would have a low fee while a single artifact of considerable value would have a high fee. Also the type of currency would affect this fee as well as the sale price. The insurance is paid also based on duration the item will be on the vendor for sale. The owner of the vendor can set this time as days when placing the item for sale ( this will need a lot of tinkering around to get it right ). There would be a maximum time for any item to be for sale, for example a month, after which, it would be returned to the owner of the vendor along with the insurance fee.

-If an item is removed from the vendor before the time set for the item to be on sale has expired, the item would be placed aside and only returned to the player after they have paid a hefty fee for breaking the contract with their vendor. Similar to the pet breeding deeds, for example. This fee would be roughly half of the selling price of the item when placed on the vendor, but this value would also need a lot of trial and error to find the balance.

-A vendor could still be removed and all the items that have been placed for sale would be returned to the owner ( along with the insurance fees ), allowing decay of the vendors as we already have. To avoid anyone from abusing this option, a timeout for one to few months would be placed for the location where their vendor was removed / decayed from. During this period, the player would not be able to place another vendor in the same area.
as techy and heavy handed as it sounds you do that ^^^
life would be so easy if people didn't try to exploit things
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
aerfall
Passer by

Post by aerfall »

culichi wrote:...
1. i don't think pricing items too high is an "exploit" or even dishonest so long as no false claims are made. sometimes ill see something like a polar bear mask dyed black and priced the same as a spirit of the totem and maybe its an honest mistake but should be reported so admins are aware and can see if player keeps doing things like that. i collect rares and it can get really frustrating when someone in tc prices an item i need for two or three times what its worth refusing to negotiate on price. i could wait till the seller comes to his senses or if im impatient or afraid ill never see that item for sale again i have and will continue to "overpay" but that's my choice and the seller has done nothing wrong. values on a lot of items in the game are just opinions and sellers should not be subject to one persons opinion on what the "real" value is.

I saw this today and it made me think back to this post. Vendor site showed that was added today. I dunno how to feel about this one. Lot of overpriced stuff on that vendor and sure that's their right to keep em that high, but this one just seems like a blatant scam. Caveat emptor.
In-game: Aerfall
LMC SHOP @TC // Bottom row on west wall.
For more vendors, visit the Museum Gift Shop // Rune displayed @TC