Tailoring BOD Feedback Thread

Name says it all
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Tailoring BOD Feedback Thread

Post by +Colibri »

Sorry about yesterday's issues with BOD turn-in, it was due to last-minute code edit. Server crash was a rather obscure error which probably wouldn't show up in testing.

For larger things we tend to invite a team of betatesters. Changes that have a good probability of crashing the shard are actually tested on a separate server. This addition is too small to have that much overhead, so we just hoped for the best :)

We've just restarted the server with some important fixes that you all have reported yesterday and today. There will be another update in the following days.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Albini Steve
Expert Scribe

Post by Albini Steve »

I've been saving a small pile of filled large BODs and turned them all in this morning - the rewards seemed more than fair for the 4 and 5 piece cloth sets, the gold seems to have been upped a good bit and the other rewards were a nice mix of old and new. the leather medallions are a great touch, especially when you open one and it gives you 300 demonic leather! i haven't yet seen all of the new deco and gear, but anything new is always fun and appreciated. the one criticism that i do have so far is that (thanks to relayers and the like) runic sewing kits aren't even useful as deco pieces any more, unless their intensity gets increased or some other change to them might be made? additionally, the shard is literally littered with +20 ps's of all sorts, so the tailoring scroll seems overvalued here, if it stays a reward i wonder if it might not be considered such a top-tier item any more?
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

my main selfish concern was the 550 point tier rewards which include clothing bless deed because I was so heavily invested in those bods but the only changes on that was for the good. replacing the worthless masters knife with florin and tailoring powder of fort made me very happy. the new leather medallions are a welcome change for people like me who fill lower tier cloth bods in bulk since we no longer get overloaded with heavy stacks of leather. the medallions should be added to taming bod rewards as soon as possible.
at first I didn't like the 120 tailoring powerscroll being added to the top tier reward but after seeing theWarp-Weft Shirt I think the scroll is fine. the ethy sewing kit, 120 powerscroll and 400 florin arnt great rewards BUT the new warp-weft shirt is incredibly good and in my opinion worth at least 200 ed. top tier bods are really tough and shirt is only one of four possibilities so I don't feel there is any danger of demand for that shirt being met anytime soon. the check and the value of the 3 lesser rewards are good enough to pay for the resources used to fill the bods and the work put into getting the bods so im happy with balance.
looking forward to finding out what deco2 is on the rewards chart sounds like it might be new deco. im underwhelmed by items items available for purchase with florin but havnt had a chance to test the skinning belts yet.

I am very worried about what effect the temporal bod bags will have on supply of tailor bods I hope admins keep a close eye on those bags and are aware of possible exploits that could hurt bod supply.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

culichi wrote:replacing the worthless masters knife.
It's not that master's knives are worthless it's that they're more trouble than they're worth. If they had a larger number of uses and stacked in exex or a tool house, I'd be singing a different tune.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

I agree, master's knives should be stackable.

They also will have newfound value with the leather belts I hope.

@culichi, gargoyles knives do indeed work with the belts also.
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

What is this warp weft shirt then? I look on the wiki but could only find it's name and no other info, how come you value it at about 200ED?
In game name: Abarai
Albini Steve
Expert Scribe

Post by Albini Steve »

As I think about it more I feel that the higher end BODs could be looked at as something akin to crafting GoC or the Mistvale quests - we do just as much grinding for rewards that are laughably inferior in some cases. there is a large amount of time invested in harvesting resources and then playing the bod lottery hoping to find impossibly rare upper tier bods thanks to so many varieties of leather available. perhaps a very rare reward that resembled the seasonal totems could be put as a random uber drop at the highest levels? i still frown at master's knife, but haven't used it with the suggested two or three other pieces of gear that might complement it - seems a bit too involved for me at that point, but could make the tailoring wearable gear more useful if the +1 tailoring items stacked with the new rewards somehow? I don't get to log on as often as I'd like, or play for as long as I'd like - which is why totems will probably stay out of reach for me (good thing there's relayers i suppose) i'll use the dr who quest as an example - a lot of fun for a few trips through it, then i did the math, and if ALL i did was grind that thing over and over every spare minute that i could , i probably still couldn't get enough in to earn a totem. so, *shrug* no totem for me, no big deal - the repetitiveness of that kind of questing would probably drive me buggy before i got a totem anyway lol. so, in a few hundred words too many, i guess i'm weighing in on the side of too much invested for too little reward as a general thought - people practically give away power scrolls here, slogging through bods hoping to 'earn' one doesn't even cross my mind any more, even if i get one who would i sell it to? there are dozens and dozens for sale across the shard. and the runic sewing kits? i have heaps of platinum crafting gear of the other types, but the sewing kits seem much rarer, even so, the armor they tend to craft still seems a bit underpowered compared to what else we find around the shard
Isaac Newton
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Isaac Newton »

The problem with masters knives is they don't give scales when used on elementals.
Isaac Newton

What sad times are these when passing ruffians can say ‘Ni’ at will to old ladies.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

Opopanax wrote:What is this warp weft shirt then? I look on the wiki but could only find it's name and no other info, how come you value it at about 200ED?
the shirt has: hit point increase 9, lower mana cost 19% , lower reagent cost 9% , strength bonus 8
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Isaac Newton wrote:The problem with masters knives is they don't give scales when used on elementals.
noted: this is the sort of thing that should be in a bug report help request.
Isaac Newton
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Isaac Newton »

Look...numbers!

Turned in 100 20x cloth smalls today.
Rewards: 26 kits, 45 cloth, 9 florin, 20 medallions
A 25/45/10/20 split?

Cloth rewards ranged from 152-298, so I'm betting 150-300 like the medallions. Total cloth was 10185. Average cloth per reward is 226.3. Real close to a 225 average.

total florins: 90. Range 9-11.

Avg tokens: 17.6 Range is 16-20. 20 coming once in the 100.
Avg gold: 451.9

Sadly, I just recently turned in all of my cloth 10x and 15x bods. Over 200 data points lost. It's ok. I'll get more. And I have a new goal in life. Fill a stronger box with medallions.
Isaac Newton

What sad times are these when passing ruffians can say ‘Ni’ at will to old ladies.
Angel
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Angel »

How do you get Casey the tailor guildmaster to talk to you. I've tried saying hail, clicking on him, even saying hello but no luck. No, I mean how do you trade in the florins with him?
Last edited by Angel on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Single left click, then select buy, or double click him.
Angel
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Angel »

oh, i ee what you mean. ty
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

items available for purchase with florin are useful but I was expecting some deco too.