Tailoring BOD Feedback Thread

Name says it all
pen43
Adept Scribe

Re: Tailoring BOD Feedback Thread

Post by pen43 »

Silly thing to bring up this late in the day but, Having read all posts was thinking how about only having Tailor's Florin's as the only reward for bods and then add all the normal rewards to buy from the guild master that way you can pick your reward or save for a better one. For instance maybe do like Tire one the basic bods get 5 Florins but cost 10 florins to buy the tire 1 reward or save for better rewards. could make it like a 50% to 75% for florins so like cost of reward for that tier 100 florins but get chance of 50 to 75 as reward for bod. Hope this makes sense, but may be to much work as don't know anything about coding.
Why is the mistletoe hanging over the baggage counter?” asked the airline passenger, amid the holiday rush.

The clerk replied, “It’s so you can kiss your luggage good-bye.”

In Game Name :- penfold if you need to pm me anything
pen43
Adept Scribe

Post by pen43 »

sorry having just read the carpenter bods post maybe the trading in rewards for florins might be easer to do so either way is good. Maybe also if going down the trading in unwonted rewards for florins you may have to add maybe like runic tools, + clothing and other high end rewards onto the guild master to buy.
Why is the mistletoe hanging over the baggage counter?” asked the airline passenger, amid the holiday rush.

Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Post by Deadwerd »

I have a lot to add to this, but for now, I will just post the foremost issues I've noticed.

- I received one of the rewards, 'Posh Gloves'. This item (I assume) is one of the few/many 'Flair Items' that are mentioned on the Wiki. I notice that I would be able to get 10,000 gold if sold to a Tailor. Seeing as how these items are (somewhat) special and, essentially, made to be sold, wouldn't it make more sense to be able to sell these items for florin, rather than gold?

- The 120 PS reward being one of the possible rewards with the best possible BOD you can get is a problem. I feel that should be on the 1000 BOD points tier rather than the maximum, as I sell those 120 Tailoring PS's for 150,000, maximum. While this technically DOES satisfy the price range of the other rewards, and I assume a chunk of gold/tokens would even it out, I don't see those as worth struggling for, seeing as how filling a BOD to hit the maximum BOD points would take quite a bit of resources.

- Maybe look into special decor items whose animation and look are unique to each crafting system? Have them only be available from the absolute maximum BOD points of each trade/craft. That would not only satisfy those of us that want buffers (which was already addressed, hence, the shirt), but also satisfy those of us whose sole purpose on here is decor. There are more of us than you would think, and although these new rewards are a significant change, it still does not draw many people to get into BOD collecting, just amps up the ones who already regularly collect them, and urges them to turn them in rather than sell.

- I have not tested this, but it seems that you would be able to trade the 'Temporal BOD Requester'. Due to this, one could get a friend (or a few) that do not care about BOD's, and each take turns using it, then give all the BOD's created to the original owner. Maybe make the item one use per 24 hours per 'Temporal BOD Requester' item? This would keep people from exploiting the system, and still keep the item from being account-bound. Maybe have a timer underneath the name of the item? Or double click and shows how long you have until it can be used again, that way nobody is buying a recently used requester without knowing about it beforehand.

Just a few ideas I've had after turning in 20-30 of random tiered BOD's. Will throw more feedback in when I access more of the new stuff.
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.
pen43
Adept Scribe

Post by pen43 »

Deadwerd wrote:- I have not tested this, but it seems that you would be able to trade the 'Temporal BOD Requester'. Due to this, one could get a friend (or a few) that do not care about BOD's, and each take turns using it, then give all the BOD's created to the original owner. Maybe make the item one use per 24 hours per 'Temporal BOD Requester' item? This would keep people from exploiting the system, and still keep the item from being account-bound. Maybe have a timer underneath the name of the item? Or double click and shows how long you have until it can be used again, that way nobody is buying a recently used requester without knowing about it beforehand.
but still cant you give the florins to a friend or a few to buy the 'Temporal BOD Requester' so they have there own to still collect the bods but that's when you have the florins to be able to buy multiple of them

culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

pen43 wrote:but still cant you give the florins to a friend or a few to buy the 'Temporal BOD Requester' so they have there own to still collect the bods but that's when you have the florins to be able to buy multiple of them
you can do this and it really concerns me that these bags will have a major impact on the supply of bods in game if it becomes a group project.
its been mentioned that people want to buy bods but none are available for sale so these bags will help those players. pumping up the supply of bods to make a few players happy runs the risk of flooding market with bods and bod rewards which will lead to fewer people interested in filling them. id bet the first people to abandon bods due to lack of value in rewards will be same people that complained they couldn't just buy a few thousand bods to get jump start in bods rather than level 5 characters and slowly build up a bod collection.
i don't like making negative posts and maybe i am overreacting about bod supply risk but i hope an eye will be kept of changes to bod supplies and player use of the bags.
Albini Steve
Expert Scribe

Post by Albini Steve »

There's nothing quite like hitting one button and watching your backpack fill up with new BODs...scrambling as much florin as i can as quickly as i can to get as many bags as i can...just in case it does get tweaked...
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Post by apocalypse »

Are we able to use the "flair items" as samples for item appearance changes or relayering?
Jean Luc Picard in game
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

apocalypse wrote:Are we able to use the "flair items" as samples for item appearance changes or relayering?
Submit a help request, and tag the item you're looking at, and I'll let you know. If it's a patch graphic, it should not be able to used most likely.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

culichi wrote:
pen43 wrote:but still cant you give the florins to a friend or a few to buy the 'Temporal BOD Requester' so they have there own to still collect the bods but that's when you have the florins to be able to buy multiple of them
you can do this and it really concerns me that these bags will have a major impact on the supply of bods in game if it becomes a group project.
its been mentioned that people want to buy bods but none are available for sale so these bags will help those players. pumping up the supply of bods to make a few players happy runs the risk of flooding market with bods and bod rewards which will lead to fewer people interested in filling them. id bet the first people to abandon bods due to lack of value in rewards will be same people that complained they couldn't just buy a few thousand bods to get jump start in bods rather than level 5 characters and slowly build up a bod collection.
i don't like making negative posts and maybe i am overreacting about bod supply risk but i hope an eye will be kept of changes to bod supplies and player use of the bags.
you aren't Culichi, not even a bit glad you and pen mentioned this. I suppose a fancy way of saying it.

*movie phone voice* Imagine a world, where no unlimited use powerscroll bag existed ever........

hopefully the point is made, it sounds like something groups could team up on and make turn a mechanic VERY destructive.
not that that ever happened before ***POWERSCROLL BAG & LARGE GUILDS***
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

+Requiem wrote:
apocalypse wrote:Are we able to use the "flair items" as samples for item appearance changes or relayering?
Submit a help request, and tag the item you're looking at, and I'll let you know. If it's a patch graphic, it should not be able to used most likely.
id be more interested in keeping the silly names and maybe even the bogus +skills when I use it as a relayer sample. if the graphic is not a patch exclusive can we use the flair item as relayer sample and have at least the name transfer to the relayer if not the bogus +skill?
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (270.42 KiB) Viewed 2848 times
How about something like this? The recipe could be a reward and it gives new use to some of the completed tmaps people have laying around. This could be for either Tailoring or Carpentry, or perhaps a recipe from bot could be needed.