Some things I would like to see

Name says it all
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Some things I would like to see

Post by Cygnus »

I made a list like this a year or so ago and some of the things I will list below may be a hold over from the previous one. Some requests may be easy, some may be not. But, I will at least throw them out there to see what others think.

1. Palace Guard - Paroxysmus: A lot of work for little reward. I had someone contact me they received a key as a drop but had no idea where to use it. Neither did I.
2. Polar Wyrm - Cave just outside Fel Deceit: A neat mob being wasted. Not even aggressive. Perhaps make it aggressive and move it to Ice Dungeon or have it spawn randomly on Ice Isle.
3. Khaldun Dungeon - Fel Lost lands: Does anyone go there besides me? There is nothing in there that makes the trip worthwhile. Perhaps put a challenging mob with good gold drop into the sealed area.
4. Hit Dispel: Since we can't get that property replaced on our weapons, maybe we can get a mob that spawns underlings like Dark Father and Chief Paroxysmus that can only be dispatched by Hit Dispel. I don't know. Just have had way too many weapon drops that would have been good if not for the Hit Dispel.

I have several more petty things like deathcaps, soulstone shards etc, but the 4 above is enough for now.
I am curious to what others think about these and if you have similar things that I may not have experienced or forgotten about.
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Re: Some things I would like to see

Post by Silent »

There was a conspiracy a few years ago about the hit dispel, however nothing has happened ever since.

Would like to see something about it too.
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
Cornbread
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cornbread »

The guard key is used. Been ages since I have done it, but I believe it's for a chest. I'm sure someone around here will remember.
Shindaril
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Shindaril »

The palace Guard does indeed drop a very low drop chance key that is used for the chest east from the creature, through the toxic river are few chests, one is unlocked by that key. The chest is said (can't confirm this myself) to contain all items required to access Paroxysmus's area, but 1-2 years ago when I did work towards the GoC items, I always found the chest empty, even as it was always locked. I'm guessing the chest has a long respawn timer for the key items or it's either an unfinished or already removed part of the dungeon.

Khaldun was once one of my favorite place to visit. Back in the days when it was introduced, the lore caught my attention. While the lore was the typical expedition gone wrong, it was written in good detail, the four books found inside are only a small part of what really happened there...I'm not, however, wishing for one single creature with nice loot into that place. I'd be more delighted seeing a full rework for Felucca dungeons where the "rewards" ( gold, weapon exp, oints, perhaps add in some organics to hardest to reach places,...) would scale by the time and trouble it takes to reach the dungeon.

About the Hit Dispel, I believe the staff did leak out that it'd become useful upon the introduction of the new lands, so if I'm not mistaken, there is already a plan for it.
Rahr
Elder Scribe

Post by Rahr »

Love the new [buffs bar. I only hope one day it will be fitted to display more than just Vampiric Embrace. Most usefully having timers for EoO, Consecrate/CW, DF, Bless, CounterStrike, Evasion, Blood Oath etc. As well any Debuffs applied by enemies of course.
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

I saw on vendors.uoex.net that there is a script that will have a vendor call out your name if you say theirs. This would be a great thing. It can be difficult to find a specific vendor in all the "cerfuffel" of the Town Center or Makoto Zento. -5 pts for spelling cerfuffel incorrectly. :lool:
erised_faylen
Master Scribe

Post by erised_faylen »

[Glyph] wrote:I saw on vendors.uoex.net that there is a script that will have a vendor call out your name if you say theirs. This would be a great thing. It can be difficult to find a specific vendor in all the "cerfuffel" of the Town Center or Makoto Zento. -5 pts for spelling cerfuffel incorrectly. :lool:
glyph why dont you just use the yellow stone in town center to find vendors?
i just dont see this being put into effect since the stone teleports you to the vendor you need directly.
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

[Glyph] wrote:I saw on vendors.uoex.net that there is a script that will have a vendor call out your name if you say theirs. This would be a great thing. It can be difficult to find a specific vendor in all the "cerfuffel" of the Town Center or Makoto Zento. -5 pts for spelling cerfuffel incorrectly. :lool:

Code: Select all

; Before running this script make sure you are in the right location.
	; For TC go to TC, MZ go to MZ THEN run script.
	; For other locations look on the Shops world teleporter menu

; This script will make the vendor shout your char's name
	; This script will open the vendor's sale bag... but if you move it will close.
	; The vendor will shout your name 6 more times so you can open it yourself if you need to.
	; You may need to open containers in the sale bag to find the item you want.

; DISCLAIMER: 1) Use at your own risk.
	; DISCLAIMER: 2) Never run an EUO script that you do not understand.
	set %vendorid EPVGB
	set %vendor_x 1214
	set %vendor_y 1891
	set %location Town , #spc , Center

gosub check_distance
	if ( #result > 50 )
	{
	display ok You are not near %location
	halt
}
else
if ( #result > 18 )
{
set %call_delay 0
display ok You are too far from the vendor.$Walk around looking for the vendor calling you.$The vendor's bag will open when you get close.
gosub check_distance
while ( #result > 10 )
{
if ( %call_delay = 0 )
{
event exmsg %vendorid 3 2181 #charname
set %call_delay 4
}
set %call_delay %call_delay - 1
gosub check_distance
wait 5
}
}

set #lobjectid %vendorid
event macro 17 ; last object commend
for %i 1 6
{
event exmsg %vendorid 3 2181 #charname
wait 2s
}
halt

sub check_distance
set %delta_x %vendor_x - #charposx abs
set %delta_y %vendor_y - #charposy abs
if ( %delta_x > %delta_y )
return %delta_x
else
return %delta_y
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

erised_faylen wrote:glyph why dont you just use the yellow stone in town center to find vendors?
i just dont see this being put into effect since the stone teleports you to the vendor you need directly.
Cause I'm a goofball and didn't know it worked like that.
And thanks Shindaril for the script
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Post by Deadwerd »

I would LOVE to see Khaldun dungeon reworked to have meaning to be there. It's a dungeon that few know about, and that space is essentially wasted due to no rewards for going there. It's such an interesting place, though, and should have much more reward/meaning to be there.

Hit dispel will be addressed with the release of Elysium - which does little for anyone any time soon, and we won't likely see this addition until 2019, although that is just an assumption.

Polar Wyrm should have better reward, I can say that much, at least. A pointless, OP mob for the time being.
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.