looking for input...

Name says it all
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

looking for input...

Post by Alamiester »

hey everyone, ive been busy lately pickin my brain and storming up scripts for uos. ive got quit a few efficient ones, as of now. im just wondering if i should even post them. it seems to me most people dont like to share their most used or good efficient scripts. i dunno if it effects the exex market or not, but i just figure it helps a new player that can get them runnin to make some money, and then the older players that just buy it can get get it cheaper. i dunno, im just thinkin too much, lol. give me some feedback. :|
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Re: looking for input...

Post by Melkor »

Posting of scripts are much appreciated if you are willing to share.
TDC Guild
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Post by apocalypse »

I'm always for sharing scripts that make everyone's lives easier, and help the younger players get ahead without getting frustrated.
Being a newer player and seeing older players spend 200+ million at an auction, or wearing all expensive relayers, etc, can be a big downer. You feel like there is no possible way to ever get there.
All the players that have efficient scripts already, most likely have more than enough wealth, so I say share them all! :mrgreen:
Jean Luc Picard in game
Shindaril
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Shindaril »

New scripts are always welcome. 3rd party software is allowed here and there are rules regulating player actions, so there's constant need for people who create the scripts for those tools. There are, however, few things you should consider before publishing a script - This is pretty much the reason why I haven't published my second main script for EasyUO, but more about that a bit later.

-Is the script easy to use or does it require a lot of knowledge to set up before use - Many here use the scripts others have made, but can easily run into trouble when the script doesn't run straight on with their toon
-Has the script reached the point where you won't be constantly updating it - If you're still working on a script that is already fully functional, but you have plans to change/update it, you should consider the Coding Talk section of the forums. It's also a great place to ask for opinions and help to get around any obstacles to get your script to do what you wish from it
-Has the script been useful for you - If you've been using the script from time to time to help every day actions, it's very likely there are other people who can benefit from using and will appreciate your script
-Remember to comment your scripts well - You'll save a lot of time when you don't need to teach every interested player to set your script up and use it, trust me, lol

Now, I already said that the 3rd party tools are allowed on this shard, so most of us do use them. Some people have their own "secret" set of scripts while others either publish theirs or use the ones someone else has published already. This shouldn't affect the economy and if it comes down to that, the staff can always step in and make the needed changes. The fact is, using those tools is allowed and the afk side is already enforced in the rules, so our players all share the same restriction whether or not they use the said tools.

I personally only use EasyUO and most of the time, I have 4-5 scripts running all the time (+1 until I merge my eating script into one of my other scripts). I have my healing script, which I haven't published as there already is BlaZin' HealR, which is reliable and simple for most players to use. I do, however, use BlaZin' Doorman script. It's a very nice script and I haven't found any reason to re-write it. Then I have my weapon move script that I have published on the forums already. I might have made a few minor changes to it, but those are more about making it more personal for my own needs. And lastly, I have my constantly changing "Spirit" script. I did publish the script few years ago, before I took the weapon moves off from the script and made my special moves script. This script does all the automated casting, auto-attack, opens my packs, dresses me up and so on. It's a script that I won't be publishing again as it's to-do list is still longer than it's features list and setting it up would mean setting 45-50 variables, prolonged testing for the user's latency and customizing several subs for the individual player. With all the trouble for someone else to get it working, they would be better off writing their own script for the same actions...So, I find it better for that particular script to just publish the subs from there which can be used in a simple stand alone script or easily merged into another mainloop script. And lastly, I have my corpse looter / auto-claimer script, which I really should get back working on...It's still in alpha stage.

I hope this post didn't scare you from publishing your own scripts, but rather encouraged you to do so. You did say you might think it too much, so I wanted to give you more to think about - My own opinions about publishing scripts.

Time for the bed, so I'll re-read this post tomorrow to see if my brain took a head start for the hay :P
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

I believe people don't share them either to get advantage or to avoid staff attention, however sharing scripts is the most honorable thing to do in a server that allows it, and it helps players a lot, I speak for myself, I am always looking for UOS scripts since I recently found how usefull they were and made the game easier for me.

They actually help new players get along better and makes vet don't get bored of some things hahahaha
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

I like scripts that are easy to use (plug n play). The in game macro system is very useful for some basic things as well, but doesn't offer everyting needed to make it easily fun. Others seem a bit overwhelming to me. I looked at Shindarils Spirit script and my eyes melted trying to figure it all out. :lool: I think a few basic scripts are very beneficial (healer, autolooter, skinner). Things that reduce the number of clicks and allow you to still have to actively play the game. With the changes in the crafting menus, some of these skills are very easy to train now once you get the resources. If there was something to grab all those little royal circlets from my pack and smelt them back down, that would be awesome.
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

[Glyph] wrote:I like scripts that are easy to use (plug n play). The in game macro system is very useful for some basic things as well, but doesn't offer everyting needed to make it easily fun. Others seem a bit overwhelming to me. I looked at Shindarils Spirit script and my eyes melted trying to figure it all out. :lool: I think a few basic scripts are very beneficial (healer, autolooter, skinner). Things that reduce the number of clicks and allow you to still have to actively play the game. With the changes in the crafting menus, some of these skills are very easy to train now once you get the resources. If there was something to grab all those little royal circlets from my pack and smelt them back down, that would be awesome.
yeah i know what you mean about trying to figure them out, lol. i get googly eyes when i try and figure out some of those easy uo scripts. i believe i saw a smelting script on the forums. i dont think it was plug and play, as you put it though. that would be an easy one to make plug and play in uosteam.
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

I'm all for sharing scripts...I'm a little old school still using razor and Easy UO (i really don't like uosteam)...here are the ones i use. The main ones are in the top folder, random others are in the nested folder. Please keep in mind I did not make these scripts and do not take credit for them...also obviously use at your own risk. Primarily i'm using Blazin' Healer, Blazin' Claimer, and some weird combo version of rearm/chiv/weapon skills someone here in the forums made.

I would REALLY love an Easy UO treasure chest looter that actually works and a generic looter so I don't go crazy trying to target very small things.

-Iago
Attachments
Easy UO Scripts.zip
(586.27 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

Iago Venport wrote: I would REALLY love an Easy UO treasure chest looter that actually works and a generic looter so I don't go crazy trying to target very small things.

-Iago
sweet, i havnt seen that claim script for easyuo before. thanks! :woot: as far as treasure chest looters for easyuo, i gave up on those a while ago. the last one i had used was kianas uberlooter, but it randomly crashed uo then it just stopped workin right for me (probly because i started messing with it). you should consider trying uosteam and test out my chest looter i made, its not extremly fast, but it doesnt crash uo, and its better then draggin 100+ items from prisoner chests or sos's. seriously the only time i ever use razor now is if i wanna mess around with a recording of me fishing, lol.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Alamiester wrote:but it randomly crashed uo
the reason I moved on from easyuo
JOHNNY WARREN!
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

qbf wrote:
Alamiester wrote:but it randomly crashed uo
the reason I moved on from easyuo
Seems to be a common issue with EUO looters (those i've found at least), UOS' inbuild one does the trick for me tho :nod:
Shindaril
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Shindaril »

EasyUO looters are a bit annoying due to the random client crashes it can easily cause. The trouble is with the "exevent drag" and "exevent drop" commands which use packets instead of mouse control of the older "event drag" and "click" pair. When the server is literally spammed with those packets, it will drop one packet, then another and go out of sync and crash the client. Only way around this is to increase the wait times, thus making the script slower. - As for the older "event drag" and "click" pair, it's not as reliable and does need coordinates for the drop done by the click command, so it's also a bit harder to use.

Back to the topic:

I'm glad seeing you've decided to go on and shared some of your scripts. I'm sure it will be helpful to our UOSteam users. Keep it up ^^