The Winter Quests

Name says it all
Sethra Lavode
Grandmaster Scribe

The Winter Quests

Post by Sethra Lavode »

I have seen in Global Chat people complaining about different things with the different quests and it just bugs me. :roll:

My first year doing this quest I used [claimall and could not complete the quest, so I did not get the awesome cape that was offered. So be it. Just last year I made a mistake with Scrooge and did not get my reward. I did not throw a fit, I did not rage. Was I upset - YES. Thing is, the staff did not mess it up, I DID.

I think this is my 4th year doing this stuff (3rd?) and I read the instructions 5 times before I did any of the non-repeatable quests and read the Save Christmas guidelines at least 2 more times last night while I was doing it because it is VERY handy. The staff have taken the time to make something unique and challenging: it should be appreciated. If you misread or did not understand, that is on YOU.

Does it suck when you cannot do an event/quest? Yes - but the fact that the staff here keep making interesting events and quests speaks volumes...and should tell you to hang in there like a hair in a biscuit, because one day you will be the one that is grateful for the new challenge they put before you and the amazing deco, interactive, wearable, fun items they offer as rewards for your effort.

Do you want a balanced, interesting shard that will stand the test of time? I do. :dance Welcome to that shard. :nod:
Starfish & coffee, maple syrup & jam. Butterscotch clouds & a tangerine, side order of ham.
Charon
Elder Scribe

Re: The Winter Quests

Post by Charon »

I second your comments Sethra.
Last year I was too squishy to compete let alone complete the quests. I didn't complain because not all
quests should be able to be completed by the squishy peeps. Otherwise where is the challenge for the Vets?

Not being able to complete a quest should be the motivator you need to be less squishy, to better your toon, hit harder, swing faster, increase skills and lay waste the next time. It should NOT the time complain, whine, snivel, etc.

When you were young, and we all were young once, did you complain that Balrons were too tough and aren't fair? Probably not. The nature of the game is to challenge you at different levels of skill.
Don't complain about events being above your weight class, because they might just be right weight class for someone else.

P.S.
Nyx goes out of her way to ensure everyone can participate in some portion of every quest line she creates, we should be thanking her for the oppurtunity to participate not complain some parts are too tough.
mineiro
Adept Scribe

Post by mineiro »

Well said Sethra. From my personal experience what I do now is always play the quests and events without any help from macros or other commands, only pure Ultima Online playing. It has avoided any loses since I began using this method.
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Here is a link to a video of how I felt while doing the Winter Quest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkSZFh70hGc

Just to be clear, I am the guy in the middle while I imagine that +Nyx is the active person while +Veritas looks on as his protégé begins to work. :lool:

Wadcee ma ma ayyyy, Waddcee ma ma ayyy!

Did I mention how much I loved those rabid polar bears??
Sethra Lavode
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Sethra Lavode »

Glyph...oh sweet, dear Glyph... :?
Starfish & coffee, maple syrup & jam. Butterscotch clouds & a tangerine, side order of ham.