fixing Doom back vote YES

Name says it all
Abattoir
Passer by

Re: fixing Doom back vote YES

Post by Abattoir »

I think there are a lot of things to be done and this is not the final stage! Thank you for this post, it is important to follow the whole process!
Cut myself into pieces, this is my last resort.. :)
Chronos69
Expert Scribe

Post by Chronos69 »

Allow me to resurrect this thread. Just to say that feels really unfair to new players.

Yesterday I tried my first Gauntlet. It took 30 minutes to take 1000 bones to get 1 skull. I called the ferryman and found the new gauntlet while thinking about stay at the gauntlet for a few days farming some gear.

I read all the books and at the end, I find myself needing a 2nd skull just to make... 1 run! wtf? I farmed 1 skull and now I can't even enter the gauntlet! whaaat?

Thanks god there were 1 nice guy and gave me 1 ticket and I were able to try with him. Obviously I didn't get anything good. So, after all that I had to leave without gold skull, without loot, without artifact and without the chance of farm a bit more.

Maybe for you, veterans, it's a good system. But for newbies... it isn't. And hey! I'm lucky because I had 4 Mules to farm 1k bones. But I can't imagin the pain in the ass of someone who don't have the way to kill the stuff fast.
30 minutes for 1k bones... 1 hour for 2k bones (just enough to make 1 gauntlet run).

1 hour to get 2 skulls that will be wasted in 5 minutes.

I don't know. Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe I'm not farming the bones in the right way, or maybe I still beeing too newbie and this content is more advanced. I'm not sure.

Have a nice day guys!
Darkood
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

I do Agree the new system really hurts new to mid-level players and disadvantages them compared to when I started playing. I do want gauntlet to require actions and be something someone cannot do with a hands-free script however, I paid with my first relayer by earning a skull and then going in circles in gauntlet until my 5 mule pack and I were full of gold and sellable arties. It was a rather safe yet good macro/fighting style development place that rewarded tenacity and perseverance.

Now I can run the gauntlet with just my bow in 6.5 min on avg and get 26k gold back on each skull (which is okay i guess if I had just sold it id have gotten 50k back) and I earn so many skulls that I sell them as well.

Id like to see it move to an infinite instance system so that you don't have to worry about overcrowding. I would like to see the teleport gates and ticket system move to the "teams method" like the Halloween event where it is instantaneous and as opposed to the current event style where it take 2 min to hand out tickets to 15 people 2 min to get them all through the telapad and then 3 min to get them out and back into the hallway.

the current system keeps new players from being able to earn their way out of pleb staus, and a major cause of BCs being listed for 15-20 million (way overpriced go get your own its not THAT hard) and SOTs costing between 8-12 million.
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

I vote NO

NO Doom does not need a revamp.
NO Doom is not catered to the vets.
NO 2 skulls is not too much to have a chance at decent arty.

You can walk into doom with a handful of skulls,
5 pets of your choosing,
60k+ arrows,
60k + bandages
Farm Gauntlet for a few hours. Loot covers half the cost of the skull in most cases.
Real cost is 100k for 2 skulls - loot recovered = 75k for first run, 25k for each run above that.
Seems pretty darn reasonable to me.

None of the above requires you to be a vet.
Many new players that are a month or so old can gather the above list of items.

OSI required a gold skull to enter Gauntlet, knowing you cant stay there forever.
Here, you need a skull per run as a properly setup player (aka the above)can be there all afternoon and never run out of arrows or bandages or gold. OSI you were limited by the amount of ammo n bandies you could carry. (NO keys on OSI)

Or.............. Go somewhere else that doesn't have a cover charge, make a ton of cash and then go Gauntlet.
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

Old gauntlet was fine, I never actually understood why bother renewing it with so much stuff being created and renewed at the same time.

Never had to wait in the old gauntlet it actually felt kind of abandoned, if people need to wait now it's because of the high prices things are going for these days, skull price went up 5k in 4 years and SoT went up 2 M but that's for another time haha.

why the 1 skull per round? now thats a fair dinkum question do we have more loot chance? is it worth the pay ? than why did the prices went through the roof? perhaps GM did not made a proper market study on this will they?

On a note to whoever was arrogant enough to complain about waiting time, it was actually profitable to help the 5 pack newb on the gauntlet rather than waiting for him to finish, more people = bosses = more loot chance, unless that was reworked too.
Or now that you have to pay the run everyone is worried about the pennies? did that go wrong too? haha

Until that happens get friendly people and group up!
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

lets talk about how the gold skull per round change was done in a heartbeat

you could say in the "heat of the moment"

one day due to the mood of the person who made the change, it was a nuclear solution for a campfire problem.

anyways.. keep talking about the merits of this (which are none)

or you could just retcon a bad change made for the wrong reasons?

sounds simple too
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Chronos69
Expert Scribe

Post by Chronos69 »

Probably a good and easy (and temporary) solution may be to simply change the quantity of bones needed to get a skull.

500 bones = 1 skull

Makes 50% easier to get skulls for newbies
Darkood