for those with macro/script issues...

Name says it all
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

for those with macro/script issues...

Post by Alamiester »

ive been working on a uosteam mining macro. i noticed alot of people having problems and asking about cyberpopes old easyuo script that used to work pretty sweet. i havnt used that in ages, but i have been tryin to get one written for uosteam. not as in depth or complicated as that one but easier on the fingers none the less.

after days of research and testing and troubleshooting, ive come to the conclusion that a mining (or fishing) macro in uosteam will not work (in trammel!). i believe it has to do with one of the last patches for uo, when they split the maps. basically uo got updated but the the 3rd party software didnt (ie uosteam). for some reason razor still works for those things, dunno why. it probly has something to do with the way its coded.

so, for all of those people still trying to use cyberpopes easyuo scripts, try them in felucia. they might still work there. i tested this theory with my current uosteam macro that ive been pullin my hair out with in trammel. as soon as i went through the felucia teleporter and tried to mine the floor it started working. but when i went anywhere in trammel to a cave floor, i get the target cant be seen error on cave floors. i hope this helps some peeps out. :D
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Re: for those with macro/script issues...

Post by Nick »

Razor may be an old cluker...but she turns over each time I turn the key and gets me from point A to B.... might not be elegant or even efficient but it is what I'm used to and has never broken on me (and I know how to write scripts with her unlike steam or easyUO)
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

About 2 years ago there was a change made to the client that caused things like Cyberpope to stop working. Maybe 3.

It was a simple change in the script to fix but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was.
Character name: Ebony
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

yeah, i remember when that happened, thats about when i was using cyberpopes script. i think it had something todo with uoassist. i remember installing that but, since win10 came along and ive changed computers. i havnt been able to get razor or steam to work properly with uoassist. an im not gonna be buying a key for that just to be able to mine or fish in trammel, lol.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

I use a uosteam script for fishing even now just have to increase the delay to 3 seconds between each back one command due to running into the wave foot print created behind the boat. Also razor is the freeshard equivalent to uoassist so no u can't use them together and uoassist doesn't work here anyways. Either use razor or uosteam not both. As far as mining goes ain't done it in forever so no clue there.
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Sapper
Novice Scribe

Post by Sapper »

With some help with another player here I was able to get Speweys miner to work in conjunction with cyber popes. And it even uses my BoH for the Ore so no recall back to storage. Of course that is all through EUO not UOSteam but so far seems to be the best. As for Minining with UO Steam I do have a macro that works fairly well but is a simple strip miner. Meaning it just strip mines wherever you walk. Only issues I see with it is A) I would rather not have to walk it B) sometimes it crashes my client so I must have conflicting commands in it somewhere. If anyone wants it I can send it over and you could check it out. I prefer using Speweys anyway.
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

thats basically what i have made, a strip miner that you dont need to use any keyboard commands, but its with uosteam. you just need to bind the macro to the middle mouse button. so far it hasnt crashed on me once. it is very stable. although it does hang on spots that cant be mined. like if your standing next to a rock. im having problems trying to run multiple while loops for all the different messages that are possible. i think there is a limitation on loops you can stack. or im just tryin to put them in the wrong spot, lol. so far it works everywhere except in trammel caves. it does work in the open world in trammel and on mountain walls. im gonna post it in the published macros, maybe i can get some feedback. :nod: