Pet Breeding

Name says it all
Highroller
Legendary Scribe

Pet Breeding

Post by Highroller »

I would like to propose that the fail rates for breeding pets be revisited. I have had 5 fails in a row on a pair of pets that aren't even that close to being maxed. Failing this often is a bit over the top considering imprisoned pets killed the market for pets years ago. I mean breeders for all practical purposes breed now for fun. Its not fun when you fail this often. I mean maxed mules and nobles sell for 50k now, there is no practical reason to make it difficult to breed pets now. Same thing applies to sterile pets. Is the pain of sterile pets really needed now? Please consider this.
Ack! Natural Sunlight. I must flee to my coffin!!!
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Pet Breeding

Post by +Colibri »

The stronger the parents, the higher is the chance for the breeding to fail. The formula isn't perfect though, but not too far off i guess.

At the moment we don't intend to do any tweaks to the pets. But we also want to revive breeding a bit, I guess this could happen next year... Not just a few tweaks, but an overhaul to make breeding interesting again (not just buying maxed pets for 50k).
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Highroller
Legendary Scribe

Post by Highroller »

+Colibri wrote:The stronger the parents, the higher is the chance for the breeding to fail. The formula isn't perfect though, but not too far off i guess.

I know that is the theory but last year or two I get a LOT more fails at 800 hit points than I get at 1000 hit points. So my results are not matching that theory.

At the moment we don't intend to do any tweaks to the pets. But we also want to revive breeding a bit, I guess this could happen next year... Not just a few tweaks, but an overhaul to make breeding interesting again (not just buying maxed pets for 50k).

Be nice to make pet breeding worth doing again. Best wishes on that overhaul. Be nice to not get 20 to 40% steriles at critical times also. It may be 5% overall but when I get 40% during gen 4 of seven back breed operations in a row, it becomes impossible for me to believe in random chance causing it. One time it happens. 2 times is bad luck, 3 times is ungodly back luck. 7 times is wayyyyyyy past bad luck. But back to my original item, very little money in breeding so why make it so difficult?
Highroller
Legendary Scribe

Post by Highroller »

When I have a gen 9 that is 450 points away from maxed and a gen 2 that is 800+ points away from maxed not counting intellegence and mana which this pet doesnt use and doesnt have and they fail 3 or 4 times in a row crossing that is not what I call real strong parents.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Luck gear.
Feed yourself and your pets but not to the point of gluttony.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

I always do a little dance and sacrifice a JDI before breeding it really seems to help
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Post by Deadwerd »

culichi wrote:I always do a little dance and sacrifice a JDI before breeding it really seems to help
I've had good luck with this method, as well.
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.