Autoloot Etiquette

Name says it all
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Autoloot Etiquette

Post by Cygnus »

I have a request for all of you who use autoloot, which is probably everybody but me. When you are in a party or have been invited to share a Boss kill, like in the Halloween Dungeon, please turn off your program, or at least, make sure you are far enough away that it won't take away gold that somebody else has rights to. I am sure that many of you do not even know that you are doing it, as now gold is not as important as the kill in places like the Halloween Dungeon, and I am also sure you actions are not intentional, but for somebody other than me, every coin might be important. All I ask is that you be aware of your programs and how they might affect others.

Also, is it me, or am I imagining that autolooter users love to leave corpses laying around? To me, that is gold wasted by not claiming and it also looks like trash left in the streets.

I may be just a grumpy old man, but it hints at......ah, never mind. Just be mindful please.
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Re: Autoloot Etiquette

Post by Opopanax »

I know what you mean about the corpses lying around in the Halloween dungeon.

I use a claim script that I have to activate myself, so it avoids this and if I come across a pile of corpses that are removable I will use my script to tidy them up. I am also not sure why people are leaving them lying around.
In game name: Abarai
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

The popular looter doesn't [claim the corpses so the person running the script would have to manually claim them. They probably prefer the auto kill, auto loot, run around without touching the keyboard method.

I haven't been in the dungeon yet this year, hope to see you all in there soon!
TDC Guild
ezykial
Novice Scribe

guilty

Post by ezykial »

I am one of those that doesn't even think of the autolooter.
One person asked "gold?" when we finished, and I realized it was on, but before I could answer, or drop the gold for them they ran off.

I feel like they thought I was rude for taking the gold, but really I didn't care about it, and would have been happy to give it to
them if they would have waited a minute.

I try to remember to turn off autoloot when killing the main monsters, but sometimes I forget.
If it bothers you, don't assume I am just a jerk. Say something, and I will certainly correct my forgetfulness
It's not intentional, its just a game.
Possum12
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Possum12 »

Yep see it frequently. Think some peoples computers play the game more then the "owners".
Only been playing for 500 days myself & still use no add-ons at all. Still very enjoyable.
Tarkin Lamere in-game
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Post by Deadwerd »

I try to turn off autoloot, but am always the first one on top of the corpse because I use poison/explosive/AP arrows instead of normal ones. So if I do not grab them myself, someone else will claim the corpse or autoloot the special arrows before I even get a chance, thus, I lose out on hundreds of my special arrows.

As for the corpses, I do not claim any of the corpses because once I collect all my blood vials, I leave behind blood vials for those who still need to gather them. I also don't claim corpses because (more than once) I've walked into a pile of dead bodies and found multiple corpses with their loot untouched (including the Halloween masks AND vials of blood). I can then loot the corpses that were left behind, gathering my much needed vials of blood and masks for Trick or Treating. Being able to search the left behind corpses is especially helpful when your timers aren't the same for research/treat quests, and you don't want to be in the dungeon killing for 15+ minutes gathering Halloween masks. I simply open all the corpses I pass by, and glance to see if there are any masks in them, saving me 5+ minutes of killing.

I am not bothered by the corpses, obviously, but the autolooting thing is a serious issue. Is the same for champs, as well. You expect many to have proper etiquette, but most people don't even realize they are autolooting someone else's kills or a boss that someone else put most of the work into. Best we can do is say something when it happens, and hope everyone is respectful enough to help out the players that truly deserve the loot.
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

i personally use as many scripts as i can due to health probs losing feeling in my hands but repetitive clickin makes me just about cry, as far as autoloot goes mine is on when im killin the trash mobs for blood vials and such,, soon as i get my fill i turn it off and just leave stuff on corpse for others also. with the room bosses whether im first or last in the room mine is always off. people not claiming the bodies and not looting is just helpin the others to finish collecting what they need. one last point.... with todays computers and internet connections bodies layin in the dungeon aint such a big deal as it was when we were playin on 486 puter with 4 mb (thats M not G) and dial up to boot, my puter has quad core with 24 gigs of ram and cable modem and i lag some when mobs spawn all at once in dungeon but i have also lagged when nothing else on screen... perhaps some lil more techie then me can test up and down speeds and latency and such n lets just see the "big" diff. i think not claiming bodies and stuff just has a bad rap from the old days, could be wrong though
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

I use razor only and I *old man crying trigger warning* hate it when ppl don't claim corpses because it destroys my auto looter program though razor lol. I claim all and then (auto) sort everything I want into my bag of holding and what i don't want into my trash bag, but if I don't have rights to loot a corps it ends the whole loot part of the script. So yeah, keep the shard clean and claim your corps.

I have 4 fight macros 1 for WW with claim and 1 without claim, 1 with AP with claim and 1 without. whenever I fight something hard or am fighting in a group I use the one without claim to be courteous and because it is much more efficient as far as self-healing.
I do believe (personally) that the gold that is pulled from a monster by accident is irrelevant and those who cry about it are being petty, legalistic nitpickers (even if they are well within their rights) because I couldn't care less about 122 gold (or 12k gold or even 120k Gold) the honorable thing to do is just say "yo...bro you took my gold can I have it back?" and I guarantee you will get 10x back what was mistakenly taken. I always do my best to be courteous when near anyone else and shut loot off as soon as posable.

the Haloween event is pretty cool, this is the first time I have done it. If anyone wants to check it out but doesn't have the gear to PM me we can party up and ill watch your back, same goes for prox to BTW.
Pishaw
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Pishaw »

well, i didn't know Razor used [claimall :verymad:
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

It can use [calim or [claimall I use to [claimall so I can collect certain items without having to look for them by hand on the corps.