I made a gated mountain community!

Name says it all
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

I made a gated mountain community!

Post by Nick »

I now own a mountain pass, plz see the picture. I have a house in one of those in mountain spaces (3 joined houses) and today I made it a gated community (I am keeping the gate unlocked as there are other houses in my development) but I now have a house that is pretty cool and unique (at least in my opinion).

I want to put plantable ground down at some point (like when I have the money) to replace the snow but seeing as I have like no friends on here because my play is sporadic and am not in a guild I figured the Forum is the best way for me to share my glee at owning a mountain pass. I know I am enjoying this more than I probably should but I find it rather neat.
Attachments
Nicks mountain pass.png
Nicks mountain pass.png (395.96 KiB) Viewed 2620 times
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: I made a gated mountain community!

Post by +Nyx »

That's cool looking, but unfortunately it is illegal yard wand placement- you must leave 1 tile walkable distance around your homes. I recognize that you said you're leaving the gate unlocked, but that doesn't negate the yard wand rules. You'll need to remove it, otherwise it'll be deleted.
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

got most of my mountain pass done now...Just need to find some plants/crops that look good in the front yard. Advise or Ideas welcome. Check out the new picture.
Attachments
Nicks mountain pass take 2.png
Nicks mountain pass take 2.png (459.3 KiB) Viewed 2538 times
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

I don't think you understood Nyx. People have to be able to walk around (all the way around) your house without it being blocked off. This is even worse than before, and will end up getting deleted, at your cost.
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

I'm sorry, I didn't see +N post, the browser was open and I never hit refresh. Is the build permissible if I remove the gates since you can still walk right through the yard?

I have deleted the corners and you can now walk around both sides of the house and it still looks almost as cool....
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Technically a gate is not considered an obstruction, if it's unlocked... well it depends on the context. Here since you've blocked off a chunk of the map, there needs to be a walkable space between your house & yard items and the mountain (or sea, if this was on the shore). I just revisited it, and i see that it's possible to get around it.

Similar rule is for houses that have a hedge all around them, and aren't near any mountains/water. The hedge must either have a hole in it, or an unlocked gate.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

I have modified it so you can walk around the corners, just for clarity sake +C if kept the fence running right into the mountain on both corners but NEVER LOCKED THE GATE so someone could walk right into my yard and the around my house on both sides of my house is that legal? I do think it looked cooler that way but changed because I never break the rules here intentionally.

Don't want to be a pain, nitpicky or bothersome just wondering.