A Special Thank You

Name says it all
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

A Special Thank You

Post by Cygnus »

As I close out my anniversary event, I wanted to express my sincerest thanks to those who helped make it, in my humble opinion, an enjoyable memorable one. None of what I did would have been possible if it were not for the outstanding efforts of +Colibri, +Nyx, +Veritas and the rest of the staff, both present and past, in providing a stable, enjoyable, interesting and challenging shard all these years. It truly amazes me how a shard that has been around this long, can continually improve, yet they do.
I would also like to thank those who generously donated items to help me give good quality items away to the winners. They are as follows:
Michiko, Bege, Shaden O'Hades, Golden Temptress, Sethra Lavode, Valorian, Luxe, and Glyph. If there was anyone else I have overlooked, please forgive me.
My reason and goal for these events is twofold. First, is to show my appreciation for the privilege of playing here, by giving back to the community that makes this experience so rewarding. Second, through the use of my riddles, Find Me's and questions, is to hopefully help inform the player base that there is a lot to see and do and learn here. I hope I have accomplished that goal.
Lastly, as much as I tied up the 'airwaves' over World Chat these past few days, I still have plenty of goods and gold to give away, and many more questions and riddles to toss at you. But, those will have to wait until the next event, as I am sure there will be another. For one thing is certain; just as the speed of light is a constant, so are Excelsior and Cygnus.

Event Facts
There were 60 contests total
29 different winners
Nugget, Garith and Anglammaroth won 5 each
Tesla Electra won 4
3 players won 3 events
6 players won 2 events
Newer players won as much or more contests than veteran players

I hope all that participated in it enjoyed themselves. But, now it is time for me to get on with other things, like finishing updating my Monster Compendium to reflect this ever changing world of ours.
randyj
Journeyman Scribe

Re: A Special Thank You

Post by randyj »

Very nice message, and a VERY fun event! I learned quite a few things and had loads of fun while doing so. Thank you for putting together something that was fun, rewarding and also semi-difficult! Looking forward to the next one! :nod:
A Nugget a day keeps the doctors away.
In game name : Nugget
patrix
Elder Scribe

Post by patrix »

Thanks for the event Cygnus, it was great fun. I like the fact that it was spread out over a few days and that it allowed those of us from the Land Down Under to be involved. :nod:
Cheers Michi
Michiko in game

A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle..
Irina Dunn
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

We are glad to have players like you :)
Anglammaroth
Passer by

Post by Anglammaroth »

I had a lot of fun and learned a fair bit through the event. Not to mention the fancy things I got for winning a few of them! :D

Thanks for running this event!
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

thanks Cygnus your events are always fun
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Thank you as well!
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Sethra Lavode
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Sethra Lavode »

Thank you, Cygnus...you know you are one of my favorite people on the planet and I am always excited about your events (even though I cannot always attend all of it).

I am here when you need me! :nod:
Starfish & coffee, maple syrup & jam. Butterscotch clouds & a tangerine, side order of ham.