Cygnus Anniversery Event Rules and Rewards

Name says it all
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Cygnus Anniversery Event Rules and Rewards

Post by Cygnus »

Starting Sunday (most likely evening, central US time) I will begin celebrating my 10th Anniversary here by holding an event that will last until my rewards run out, which should take several days. My goal is to go for several hours each time I log on. I also plan to try and cover as many time zones as I possibly can so everyone has a chance to participate at some point. As my previous post shows, I will have several different types of contest to test your knowledge. Some will be easy, others quite hard, and of course some in the goldilocks zone, just right. I will do my best to match the rewards to the level of the test. All but 2 of the tests will be UO related and out of those, 90% or so will be Excelsior specific. I will open another thread on the day of the event that will be listing the questions and riddles. They will not be on this one or the previous one.

RULES: (this is important, so pay attention)
Your questions will come in 1 of 2 ways: Over world chat or posted on the forums. Your riddles will always be on the forums, so have the forum open at all times. Answers MUST be sent via PM, no other way. Do not reply to the forum post or speak out in World Chat. I will take the first correct PM as the winner. If anyone continually violates this rule, I will shut down the event until the offender logs out.

Do not ask for another reward other than the one offered. However, you are free to donate it back as others have done before.

That is it for the rules other than to have fun with it.

REWARDS (so far and in no particular order)
Bucket of Elixers; 30 stat essences; 125 sos; Bio Package (Empty DNA Vial, 10,000 organics, 600 ointments); Item Bless Deed (3x); 5 Fabled SOS; Seasonal Deco Package (Courtesy of Golden Temptress); Fresh Blaze of Death (6x); GOC (hopefully 2); Medallion of the Undead (2x); 6d,6s,6i bracelet with a 8d,8s ring; Crimson Cinture with 500k gold (4x); 5 ED; Chained Skeleton (Courtesy of Sethra Lavode); Soul Seeker (Courtesy of Sethra Lavode); 50 Blue Diamonds (2x); Gem Package (10x); 120 Animal Taming; 120 Powerscroll + 100k gold (10x); Batwings; Dread Pirate Hat +250k gold; 7 Piece Dex Package (8d earrings, 7d, 8s bracelet, 8d, 8s, 8i ring, Ravnos Shield, Batwings, Jackals Collar, Dread Pirate Hat); 8 Piece Dex Package (7d,8s,7i earrings, 8d, 8i, 90 luck bracelet, 10d ring, Ravnos Shield, Batwings, Jackals Collar, Dread Pirate Hat, Gloves of the Pugilist); 6 Maxed Giant Spiders; 5 Imprisoned Squirrels in Crystal; 4 Imprisoned Dogs in Crystal; 25 Lady Mel Tickets; Random Treasure Chest Statues (2x); 3 x 18 resist (cold, poison, energy) Black Staff with 58% mana leech and 115 Luck plus Leveling Deed); 4 x 46 Shepherds Crook (hit energy area, hit life leech, hit lower defense, stamina leech) with spell channeling plus Leveling Deed; 3 x 46 Crossbow with all 3 leeches with 90 luck and Leveling Deed; 4 x 38 Battle Axe with all 3 leeches and lower defense plus Leveling Deed; 3 x 46 War Fork with Hit Lightning, Lower Defense, Mana leech and 14% cold resist plus Leveling Deed; Tentacle table Addon; 10,000 Crossbow bolts plus 250k gold; 1,000 Elven Notes (5x); 1,000 use Gargoyle Pickaxe plus 500k gold; 100 use Gargoyle knife plus 500k gold; +5 stat scroll plus 250k gold; Sitting Area6 (Courtesy of Valorian); Bag of Checks (95 so far)
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Re: Cygnus Anniversery Event Rules and Rewards

Post by Deadwerd »

This is a remarkable and well thought out event! I am very interested to see how it turns out as far as the forum usage, and the absolute rage gaming that will come about due to the questions/riddles. I am sure there have been bigger player-run events than this one (and it hasn't even happened yet), but in my opinion, this is hands down the most organized, most rewarding, and most exciting event I've read about. If everything goes according to your plan, and the questions/riddles are utilized properly, I can see this being a HUGE shard wide party that will keep everyone happy, friendly, and excited for however long it eventually lasts. Count me in, mate. Great job, and happy 10 years mate!
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

More prizes have been added thanks to awesome players like Michiko and Bege.
Gloves of the Pugilist, Jackals Collar (2x), cool Halloween Deco and nice deeded trees.

Plus 115 pet power scroll with +$ tamers half apron, Bag of 125 recipies,10,000 daemon bones and 1500 ethereal powder.
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

More info.

You your account is less than 3 months old, please PM me. I will do my best to give you a welcoming gift. The gift depends on the number replying.

When trying to solve my riddles, please read 'into' my words. It may even help to say it with your eyes closed.

If you find my riddles too hard or confusing.......sorry.

Please at least have fun.
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

I was planning to continue my event today, but I am not feeling well, so it is best to postpone it till tomorrow. I will start it back up somewhere around 6 - 10 am Central U.S time Wednesday.

Sorry for the delay.
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

bump