Voting and rewards

Name says it all
Batt
Apprentice Scribe

Voting and rewards

Post by Batt »

I have been trying to vote everyday to get enough dollars to buy one of the nice weapons on the vendors, though tonight, after I voted, the stone said "awaiting vote confirmation" I tried voting a second time, but it did not change. Does this mean I have to start all over with the rewards tomorrow?

Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Re: Voting and rewards

Post by Gaara »

No, you can go multiple days without voting before anything happens, also you might just need to wait a bit for the vote(s) to register.

Posted by +C
- Rewards decay: if you don't vote for more than 2 weeks, the reward starts decaying: 1 step every 24 hours. So after 14+22 days the reward is again 5k gold. This also means that as long as you do one vote every 2 weeks, you stay at max reward level.
Something i found doing a quick search on the forums, might be dated info though... I'm sure the book by the voting stone in TC explains the system.
Batt
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Batt »

thank you for the info
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

It said this is an active voting session. Your vote on Gtop100 might have gotten "hung up" in the system. Try loading that one again to see if it clears. If not, try again tomorrow.
djpaulus
Elder Scribe

Post by djpaulus »

Hi,
Ive been voting and I have gone down in levels
I vote every top 5
I dont change IP addresses, but it keeps sliding and is now staying at Level 1
I vote because I love the server, but hopefully something that can be fixed for me.

TIA
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

I've been having trouble with voting too, not sure if it's coincidence or not. I've been voting on all sites as usual, but my voting level has dropped down to 23 and the last 2 or 3 it' has just stayed at the same level and not gone up. Any pointers on what I'm doing wrong?
In game name: Abarai
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

I just checked Batt's history, and i see djpaulus has a ticket in to which i'll get later.

For Batt's original issue, looks like the sites just took a while longer to send conifrmations. But i see it worked the next day. It's not a 100% reliable system, there's so many moving parts.

Overall, here's the main 3 things I'd recommend:
- Always start voting by pressing the button "Open browser" on the vote stone
- After voting, wait 5 minutes before claiming your reward
- Wait 24 hours + a little extra (24hr and 15 minutes) before you do the next voting cycle.

About the speed - some have found that it's possible to vote faster than that, even every 12 hours... Which is true, and you will also get a reward the first couple of times, but then it might take a few days of your reward going down even though you vote. That's because it's not a reliable system, and it functions with a bit of lag. One day you don't get full-fairness on your vote session, but you'll still get the best reward. And another day too... but then if there's already the third day, that means it's likely not just a broken voting site, but it's more likely you haven't been voting right.

So if you have problems with your reward level going up, follow the 3 rules above. For a full week. If the reward doesn't start going up, then please open a help ticket so I can look into it. But i think over 90% of people who reported issues, after following those rules, the problems went away.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)