Spectre Dungeon Revamp Part 2

Name says it all

Which option would you prefer

Poll ended at Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:21 pm

decreased spawn rate, increased rarity of masters, decrease gold dropped. (masters can spawn back to back - all RNG)
70%
move master to his own spawner with a guaranteed spawn time, but long waits in between (no short back to backs)
17%
other (please describe in the comments)
13%

Total votes: 23

+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Spectre Dungeon Revamp Part 2

Post by +Requiem »

I'd like to take a minute and address this. I guess I forgot to mention in my forum post that the first couple weeks the new dungeon was opened, we increased spawn rates dramatically as we expected an influx of interested players. It was never meant to stay that way.

I spoke with a couple players today who had voiced complaints, and got their input. If you would like me to consider yours, please leave your comment(s) here. Keep them constructive.

The design goal was to have an everquest type "named" mob system, using what we had available here. So, to keep the Master's rare I have a couple options.

1) I can decrease the spawn rate (faster spawns), and make the Master more rare, and decrease gold.
This option keeps the masters rare, but gives you more things to kill while waiting, although you will lose
gold gathering efficiency also. And you could still potentially go 4 hours without a Master spawn.

2) I can move the master to his own spawner, and have him spawn in a large time bracket.
I could leave the timers the way they were, and give the master a guaranteed spawn every x to y minutes.
If I go with option 2, it will likely be longer than 2 hours to start with, to keep them rare.

I personally like option 1 better. I am open to your thoughts on how to improve it, without giving things away. I took some players comments into consideration, and i will do so for anyone else's for a little while. Ultimately, I am going to make the final decision, but it's always nice to be heard. This is your chance to be heard.

This poll will last 7 days.

**** UPDATE 8/12/2017 ****
The paragons should now have a chance to drop a paragon chest. This should help with the "I spent hours here and got nothing" issue.
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Spectre Dungeon Revamp Part 2

Post by +Nyx »

I voted option one. Although I won't be affected as a player by either change, option 1 is how most of my seasonal quest stuff works and I think that it's overall a more enjoyable experience for the players if they have something to do while waiting for the boss to spawn.
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

Option 3.

Kill X amount of spawn auto generates master spawn.
If not then I'd just leave it as is.

Personally I see nothing wrong with it as it is now, if you spend hours waiting, then you spend hours.
There are lots of events that many, many players can't participate in due to the lack of raw brute force to be able to survive,
I don't see the masses complaining about it.
The uber snowflakes all come out of the wood work when they need to actually spend sometime to complete a task.
Don't want to wait, then don't do it.

Everyone expects everything to be so fast and easy, work for it or forget it, take your pick.
Adrycks
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrycks »

i'd make the keys account bound and no pets on the Queen.
In-game name: Drakis.
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

I would shorten the Master spawn rate time (4 hours is way too long), decrease gold and key drop % on Master to balance for the increased spawn. Then make keys and Rewards account bound. If you really want that rare item, you have to go get it and understand that it might take some time. Thanks for putting up with us +R.
TeslaElectra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by TeslaElectra »

+Requiem wrote: 1) I can decrease the spawn rate (faster spawns), and make the Master more rare, and decrease gold.
+R, do you mean an increase the spawn rate of the miscellaneous monsters?

-There's already a lot of crafted recipes out there so I'm in favor of a decreased spawn in Masters. But an increase in the miscellaneous bosses (decreased gold on those) so you can see people actually moving in the room.
-I don't have anything against pets and I'm also in favor of allowing them in the dungeon but I've seen one or two people leaving some pets in one room and walking around with the rest which I find pretty rude to do.
-I disagree with making keys account bound. That will limit the amount of players that can use the Spectre dungeon because she is pretty hard to fight.
UMBER
Passer by

Post by UMBER »

I would like it to stay the same because honestly the spawn times arent "too slow" its basically chance to when they spawn so if you are in the room and it spawns you get it. but if its on a specific timer then people will run to whichever room is next and most likely take the room instantly. i would just prefer it to stay the same.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

Charon wrote: The uber snowflakes all come out of the wood work when they need to actually spend sometime to complete a task.

I camped over 4 hours for one key.. then another 4+ hours for another key... then about 2.5 hours for the other 4 keys.
That's around 12 hours. Then the queen dropped nothing special.
Charon wrote: Everyone expects everything to be so fast and easy, work for it or forget it, take your pick.
I have another screen I am going to set up and just camp a room while watching videos / browsing FB / etc.
That is how us uber snowflakes are expected to behave anyway.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

TeslaElectra wrote:
+Requiem wrote: 1) I can decrease the spawn rate (faster spawns), and make the Master more rare, and decrease gold.
+R, do you mean an increase the spawn rate of the miscellaneous monsters?

-There's already a lot of crafted recipes out there so I'm in favor of a decreased spawn in Masters. But an increase in the miscellaneous bosses (decreased gold on those) so you can see people actually moving in the room.
-I don't have anything against pets and I'm also in favor of allowing them in the dungeon but I've seen one or two people leaving some pets in one room and walking around with the rest which I find pretty rude to do.
-I disagree with making keys account bound. That will limit the amount of players that can use the Spectre dungeon because she is pretty hard to fight.

I meant it as I typed it, and also clarified it.

If the spawn timer is set to 5 minutes, and i increase it, it would be say 6 minutes, which would mean it spawns slower.
Obviously the opposite is true, if it's 5 minutes, and I decrease it to say 4 minutes, then it spawns faster.

Counter-intuitive I know :)
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

fixxer1963 wrote:
Charon wrote: The uber snowflakes all come out of the wood work when they need to actually spend sometime to complete a task.

I camped over 4 hours for one key.. then another 4+ hours for another key... then about 2.5 hours for the other 4 keys.
That's around 12 hours. Then the queen dropped nothing special.
Charon wrote: Everyone expects everything to be so fast and easy, work for it or forget it, take your pick.
I have another screen I am going to set up and just camp a room while watching videos / browsing FB / etc.
That is how us uber snowflakes are expected to behave anyway.
I don't necessarily think 12 hours is too long. Did you notice the loot tables changed? You get significantly more gold, and other things if you don't get a recipe. It might not be game altering, but it's something.
TeslaElectra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by TeslaElectra »

+Requiem wrote:I meant it as I typed it, and also clarified it.

If the spawn timer is set to 5 minutes, and i increase it, it would be say 6 minutes, which would mean it spawns slower.
Obviously the opposite is true, if it's 5 minutes, and I decrease it to say 4 minutes, then it spawns faster.

Counter-intuitive I know :)

Ooooooh, I see. That makes sense. That puts me in a vote for Option 1. :)
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

Personally I thought it was fine before the great slow down of the other day, even though it had been tweaked a number of times up until that point but it was going I thought in a good direction. What threw me for a loop was when I saw the price of keys to go along with a massive slow down of spawn rate. Keep in mind I don't buy keys for anything nor would I for this and I have no problems with players selling things for fair market value at all of course. Out of the 11 or 12 Queens I have done I have 1 recipe not sure if that is the norm or not in comparison to what others have gotten. Why on earth would players buy keys that much for a chance at something they may have 1 in 11 or 12 chance at? or maybe its 1 in 10 I don't know. A mid range player will go broke pretty quick if hes trying to buy his way to a virtue tile lol? I think that market will work itself out just fine but it is for sure abit wonkey right now..

I personally haven't seen what Tesla saw but that would certainly concern me if I was +R if players were leaving pets in rooms they were not in.. That would give me enough pause to at least consider keeping pets out of it. As far as account bound keys, I will be fine with it either way. All in all my vote is for the way it was pre big slow down. But I get +R wanting to slow it down abit to keep them a bit rarer.

"Charon" Not sure it was needed to throw out such a term "snowflake" over peoples concerns over the changes..
I have over 400 peerless kills here on this shard (no keys bought) I assure you that is a lot of waiting, how many you got?
Were all UO vets here, we have all done our fair share of grinding and waiting I mean that's UO. :)
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Octavius Thorn wrote:A mid range player will go broke pretty quick if hes trying to buy his way to a virtue tile
I must say, this stuff used to be auction/raffle exclusive deco :P
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

My earlier comments were a generalization of society in general and not direct at one particular player.

The +(Alphabets) pour their heart and soul, time, money and energy into the game to make it fun and interesting. The least all of us can do is thank them for their efforts and offer constructive feedback, not bash them at every turn.
Keep up the great work +'s and thank you all you do for us.
TeslaElectra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by TeslaElectra »

Octavius Thorn wrote:Keep in mind I don't buy keys for anything nor would I for this and I have no problems with players selling things for fair market value at all of course. Out of the 11 or 12 Queens I have done I have 1 recipe not sure if that is the norm or not in comparison to what others have gotten. Why on earth would players buy keys that much for a chance at something they may have 1 in 11 or 12 chance at? or maybe its 1 in 10 I don't know. A mid range player will go broke pretty quick if hes trying to buy his way to a virtue tile lol? I think that market will work itself out just fine but it is for sure a bit wonkey right now..

Don't quote me on this but I think the recipe drop rate is 50%. The dungeon has changed a few times as well so I could very well be wrong. Sounds very unlucky though :( I've killed the boss 5 times with 4 recipes dropped.
Octavius Thorn wrote:I personally haven't seen what Tesla saw but that would certainly concern me if I was +R if players were leaving pets in rooms they were not in.. That would give me enough pause to at least consider keeping pets out of it.
I don't believe one or two people should ruin it for everyone though.