your everydat bewcomers sugestion post

Name says it all
zos kia cultus
Passer by

your everydat bewcomers sugestion post

Post by zos kia cultus »

Hello shard, Ive been playing for almost a month, and usually I stay as a lurker on the forums, but I decided to be more popular this time by writing some suggestions on how to improve your shard. By reading some past posts (just the original post, not the replies) I discovered there is a huge inflation issue here, with GMs stealing from players and stuff, so here is a failproof solution: each new player, upon each character creation, should receive a deed with 10% of the shard´s richest player's gold at that moment. That would be ONE STEP TOWARDS REVOLUTION, MY FRIENDS! Also, players older than a year should be freely PvPable and have their corpses claimed by younger players. Im playing until late on tonight, so if you could implement these changes by then, I would be most glad.
Ok, that was a joke... or was it? This shard is really awesome, Im having the best UO time in my life, it´s the 3rd chapter of that history, after an over a decade hiatus. The players hera are amazing and really keep the shard alive, turning a game into a world; a real life experience. All the forum history and the effort that people put into every aspect of the game. Really, you are the best.
I didnt lie on the post subject, and I do have one suggestion, and I will explain why: I prefer Razor, It feels faster and I can macro better, with its target item by type function. Im not so much into coding, and With razor I can claim 5 corpses per second easily. I turned to UOS for the Mistvale quests, because of the autoloot. Claimall wasnt working for that, the quest items decaying so fast, and my backpack being the mess that reflects my life... - but autoloot is so slow, compared to [claiming, given my net connection inst go good. For that reason razor is also really fast when hunting for leather. I cant seem to target a corpse on UOS.
So Im switching between the two programs, depending on what Im doing at the moment. And thats a bore. Its NOT a big deal, there are probably ways around it that I havent found yet - my gaming is being smoothed day by day, slowly, since I dont like so much to be writing and ajusting macros, Im really lazy on that. I still havent tryed the organizer functions, maybe they will be a big upgrade in my life.
So, my sugestion would be a claim command that would be somewhat between claim and claimall - one that would loot gold+valueble things, like gems, quest itens, bandages, and whatever else a player would almost always wanna loot. Reagents, tools maybe? Or a more complex command that would allow to choose what to claim, like [claimbandgemscrollregs to claim bandages, gems, magic scrolls and reagents... optimally you could make a gump window that would allow us to choose what the claim command would loot, with nice organized lists of items, filtered by properties, with nice grafics and sound effects :p
Probably these things are easier said than done, and there might be ways to do it that I havent found out. And like I said it´s no big deal, this being the best shard and all... but that was something that struck me: wow, imagine if the claiming would work this way: hotkey claim+target by type corpse+loop 5 times and poof, all the corpses gone, all the goodies in an bag. Lol, have I mentioned how lazy I am? Also, Ive noticed that claiming corpses land me around 30% of the total gold when hunting; having my autoloot gold go to a diferent bag than the [claim gold.
Also, I cant take pets directly into Mistvale area. They dont follow into the door-portal, and we cant recall to enter the building. If Im packing mules, I have to mount each one in. If the pets are non-mountable, they have to be shrunk in. Or am I missing something? Again, no big deal; just a waste of my leach charges.
And there is an invisible barrier that prevents me from runing straight from ExHalls to Mistvale area! What is that?? Lol, nevermind.
Ok, that was my grain of sand and I leave it here for discussion. Ive also left some grammar mistakes in case somebody wanna point them out.
And to the veteran players sending me obscene propositions for my Cloak and Sash of Mists, I wont sell them fr any ammount of gold, EDs nor benefits in Heaven, thank you. But keep those pictures coming, you never know how many drops of water it takes to sweeten the ocean :p
Wow, that was a long post. Im not gonna reread what I wrote - I leave that to you. The birds are singing and I am hungry. See you ingame. Cheers!
Kaos Tse
Zos Kia Cultus
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Re: your everydat bewcomers sugestion post

Post by Alamiester »

hello and welcome. i use to use razor when i first started on this shard too, it is easier to make some basic scripts and there are some that work better with it. but the further you get on this shard razor wont be enough to keep you happy. once you start getting into the more complicated scripts razor locks up and boots you off right in the heat of battle.

as for the claim/claim all for looting, uosteam has an autolooter that loots corpses flawlessly, and also a scavanger that can pick up stuff off the ground. and there are a lot of scripts already in the published section that can instantly clean up your backpack with the push of a button. you need keys to use dramoors keysub. you just have to take the time to set it up. also with uosteam you can run easyuo in the background to run more simple scripts like blazin healer, or a little more complicated script like blazin petfighter.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I'm glad you're enjoying your time here with us :)

Mistvale entering - you just need to shrink your pets, it's a restriction on that area, to help prevent exploiting.

As for adding mroe to claim, or making it customizable- this is something that gets suggested a few times a year but is not something the staff have ever been in favor of doing. It is something that could noticeably affect the economy by allowing everyone such easy-access to their perfect looting requirements. Granted, players can make scripts to do this with third party programs, but as you mentioned - it's not easy, and they don't generally work all that fast, or all that well. Because of this, most players don't use them. Thus, loot scripts don't have as noticeable an impact on the economy, compared to a simple in-game command, which every single player would use.

Also, :lool: at the faux-ragepost beginning, made me chuckle :)
silverwolf
Apprentice Scribe

Post by silverwolf »

OK!!..I don't make it a habit either to post on the forums,but i am tired of seeing posts that include " GM;s stealing from players"..this is NOT true...Noobies should NOT be jumping on the band wagon when one noob that just started on this server throws his 2 cents in..This sever has IMO the best .caring.player involved,staff,and alot of ppl on this server will agree..except Culichi.he never agrees lol j/k
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Ok so, please let me know (with specific examples) where inflation is so bad. Which item(s) specifically?

If we introduce more money to the economy, then that increases inflation. So your idea to add gems etc to [claim would actually accentuate the very problem you seem concerned about.
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

Uo Steam let's you select what items to claim after you targeted them once so it's not a big deal as long as you can carry them xD
otherwise get a holding bag :D
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

or a gem pouch works just as well, and its alot more affordable. :D
zos kia cultus
Passer by

Post by zos kia cultus »

Thank you. I didnt mean to imply there was an inflation problem. like the lady said, faux ragepost thing. But thats the core of communication, we get each other wrong all the time... I dont even think that I could be able to recognize an economic problem like that, and when I gave that suggestion, i has never crossed my mind that it dealt with economic issues, but now I can imagine the repercussion of such implements. Thanks for taking your time to explain.
And if this is a recurrent subject, maybe there should be a fixed thread about it "suggestions we wont follow and why, issues we dont have etc :P
Ive got used to UOS by now. Got many scripts working great. Still use razor for a couple of things, tho.
and I miss so much the 'filter horse sounds' option....
Oh! And I figured out what was the "invisible" thing that I kept bumping on Ex Halls: its a golden sign reading "May each day bring you joy", ironic! ... now im wondering what are those blue blobs on the sky near heartwood entrance.
While the "newb suggestions" thread is not open, may I suggest high carpentry furniture that would enhance our custom crafting, make it faster maybe; like a inscriptors table, a tinkers workshop, a sewing machine... am I the first to suggest such a thing??
Well, again, thanks all players and GMs for the incredible shard we have and share.
"May each day bring you joy"
See you ingame!