Posoning skill

Name says it all
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Posoning skill

Post by [Glyph] »

Does the poisoning skill increase damage on hit poison area? I read that it helps with poison field and you can poison a weapon. Just curious about the hit area. I have asked in World chat and got a somewhat unsure answer. Looking to confirm or deny.
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Re: Posoning skill

Post by mattwaldram »

Pretty sure the answer is no. When you cast poison field, it's actually poisoning the enemy, whereas Hit Poison Area isn't - it's inflicting Poison Damage, which is different to actually being poisoned.

The poisoning skill improves the effectiveness of the poison that you infect someone with, which is why it affects Poison Field, but would have no affect on Hit Poison Area
-- In-game: Oslington Weasel
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

mattwaldram wrote:Pretty sure the answer is no. When you cast poison field, it's actually poisoning the enemy, whereas Hit Poison Area isn't - it's inflicting Poison Damage, which is different to actually being poisoned.

The poisoning skill improves the effectiveness of the poison that you infect someone with, which is why it affects Poison Field, but would have no affect on Hit Poison Area
I remember testing it a few years back, this is correct iirc :nod:
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

That makes sense. Thanks for the input.