Tailoring skill not moving

Name says it all
zatheran
Apprentice Scribe

Tailoring skill not moving

Post by zatheran »

Hi all,

First off, kudos to the +team for the tailoring updates.

I'm currently working up a steep hill to get to 120 tailoring and I seem to be stuck at 118.1. I have used about a thousand pieces of leather making studded tunics and studded dos since yesterday and haven't had any movement (it's been slow going in the past but never like this!).

In case others are experiencing something similar, I wanted to bring it up. I have read all the threads on the new system I could find and haven't seen this issue yet.

Thanks for any insight into whether this actually is an issue!

-Zath
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Re: Tailoring skill not moving

Post by Yoda »

if you have a pile of regular ol bones switch to bone chests and see if you gain
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
zatheran
Apprentice Scribe

Post by zatheran »

Yoda wrote:if you have a pile of regular ol bones switch to bone chests and see if you gain
Thanks for this tip -- still no movement, however.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

should work if there isn't something impeding gains beyond 118.1 structurally

a bone chest isn't 100% success even at 120
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
+Arden
Elder Scribe

Post by +Arden »

As long as the recipe has a chance to fail and you succeed in crafting it there is a chance you will gain, but the higher the success chance the lower the chance to gain is.

on a side note the chance to gain a skill is only semi random, and eventually you will have gains, the amout you need to craft to gain is determined at the start, ex. the system rolls a number between 0 and 100 and when you craft something points get added to that number and once the points reach 100 you gain and the system rolls for another number between 0 and 100 to start the process all over again. NOTE: this only works on the new crafting systems.

Hope this helps.