New tailoring issue

Name says it all
Ysara
Journeyman Scribe

New tailoring issue

Post by Ysara »

Hiyas,

While doing BODs earlier I crafted 20 needed wizard hat's and not 1 of them was exceptional. I think there might be something broken there. lol I am supposed to have 100% chance at exceptional at level 100 tailoring skill. I will keep doing more testing and let you know if any other issues come up. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

The new system is great! It's awesome to be able to just craft 20 items of the sewing tool instead of using my macros. So much less work. Now this is the convenience I love playing on a private server! Thanks Colibri!
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Re: New tailoring issue

Post by Opopanax »

Yep, I'm having the same issue. Just tried to do a 20 shortpants bod, all items must be exceptional, I have 120 tailoring and all of the items I crafted were standard quality.

I also crafted 10 leather items and it says that my chance of exceptional success is 55%, but only 1 item out of the 10 was exceptional. This could just be RNG, but I feel like something is a bit off here. Edit,I was crafting leather caps, which have a tailoring requirement of 6.2, so pretty sure it should be near impossible for me to craft a single non exceptional one, let alone 9.

Otherwise the rework of the menu looks amazing, and being able to search for what you are crafting is great! Love it!
In game name: Abarai
Ysara
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Ysara »

Just to add to this I had the same issue with shirts also. I think that it's craft chance algorithms. I can make exceptional leather items but I am failing a lot as Opopanax is. I had to make about 50 boots to get 20 exceptional which is wrong according to Stratics. I should have 100% chance at exceptional on those also so the algorithms for craft chance are off somewhere. The Stratics page I am referring to is: http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/tailoring.php I hope that this helps! Thanks again for all your hard work. :) <3
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Looks like it's a bug, thank you all for reporting.

Also based on the many tickets over the help system, i see tailor bods are quite popular! I think this will probably be fixed tomorrow, if not i'll hit the kill switch and decactivate the new tailor system until we can get it fixed, if it will look like it's going to take longer.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

I noticed some of you have made cloth items. I cannot make anything cloth! Can you choose it as a resource somewhere on the menu I am not seeing? I only get leather choices. No matter how much cloth I have in my pack, when I try to make the item it tells me I don't have enough cloth
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

When I hit (?) beside the cloth items, no exceptional chance is shown.

I have 120 tailoring. When I hit (?) beside most leather items, the Exceptional chance is shown at 55% for everything for which I have a 100% chance of success. This was not the case with the old menus: exceptional reached 100% for items whose base tailoring requirement was small.

55% exceptional chance for Bone armor is actually quite a bit higher than it should be. So hey, maybe it's time to fill those bone bods.

I get "cannot craft while mounted." That's new.

Missing entirely: repair, mark item toggle, enhancing

I'm not having Tufi's problem. Regardless of what I have the leather material set to, cloth crafting sees the cut cloth in my pack or bags (the max counts beside each item are reasonable) and uses it when I attempt to craft.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Tufi wrote:I noticed some of you have made cloth items. I cannot make anything cloth! Can you choose it as a resource somewhere on the menu I am not seeing? I only get leather choices. No matter how much cloth I have in my pack, when I try to make the item it tells me I don't have enough cloth
I just tried it, and you don't have to select a resource to make cloth. Just choose the sewing kit, with the cloth in your pack, then click the scroll in the middle.
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

I have tried that Requiem a whole lot of times regular, and with variants trying to get it to work. I have been playing since 1998. I know the game an how to adjust to new stuff. These adjustments are not working for me. It isn't seeing the 900 cloth in my pack. period. I always get the message..you don't have enough cloth,
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

OKAY! Got it to work on regular cloth only. I was using one of those special cloths you get from BODS. That's the cloth that isn't working
+Arden
Elder Scribe

Post by +Arden »

Ok looking in to this thank you for reporting it :D

So if i understand this, you were using uncut cloth is that correct?
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Opening new thread for discussion about the tailoring update:
http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 70&start=0

(Old Colibrian proverb)
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Will the new bag be like a bag of resources? Like a tailoring bag or smithing bag? Will this eliminate the possibility of losing something you don't want/ mean to recycle? Will this be a zero weight bag only accessible through the crafting menu?
andl2ea
Journeyman Scribe

Post by andl2ea »

Not sure if we are still posting bugs here or not with the new tailoring system. I had put a ticket in a few days ago about making barbed bustiers. I made 10 bustiers which use 8 barbed leather a piece. After crafting them I noticed that no leather was taken out of the stack of barbed leather in my pack. In fact, when I went to cut up the bustiers that I didnt need it added leather to the original pile in my pack. I just wanted to post this in case no one else has seen or mentioned it. +C did reply to my ticket in game about it. Thanks
:nod:
Your friendly ginger aka Devlynn/Bloomingdales
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

andl2ea wrote:Not sure if we are still posting bugs here or not with the new tailoring system. I had put a ticket in a few days ago about making barbed bustiers. I made 10 bustiers which use 8 barbed leather a piece. After crafting them I noticed that no leather was taken out of the stack of barbed leather in my pack. In fact, when I went to cut up the bustiers that I didnt need it added leather to the original pile in my pack. I just wanted to post this in case no one else has seen or mentioned it. +C did reply to my ticket in game about it. Thanks
:nod:
OMG! you discovered a way to dupe color leather and didn't think to pm me?
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Forgot to lock this tread, from now on please post issues in the official thread (link is a few posts back).

(there's a few issues reported with the crafting right now, it will be fixed with the next restart which is scheduled in a few hours).

Discussion continued here: http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 70&start=0

(Old Colibrian proverb)