bulk order deed crafters need to speak up now!

Name says it all
culichi
Legendary Scribe

bulk order deed crafters need to speak up now!

Post by culichi »

in the beehive thread colibri has announced that tailoring crafting menu is being reworked. in the alchemy and stone crafting menus that were changed recently timers have been added and im really worried that the bulk order deed crafts will get same timers. most of us who are really into bods will fill junk bods that give junk rewards in order to get new bods on turn in. with timers added to the crafting menus we could be looking at maybe 5-10 minutes on each 20 item small bod and to that just isn't worth the trouble since filling bods afk is against the rules. bod people need to speak up and offer opinions on this now before changes are made. not trying to start trouble but im pretty sure neither colibri or arden are familiar with bods and arnt aware of what kind of repurcussions the wrong changes to the menus could cause.
im aware that timer is probably to combat excessive macros that cause server lag but auto attack and looting scripts were dealt with in a way that didn't completely destroy the game for hunters/levelers and im hoping bod crafters will get the same consideration. those of you who may not care about bods may care about powder of fortification, clothing bless deeds and crafted runic gear if so these changes may affect you.
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: bulk order deed crafters need to speak up now!

Post by +Colibri »

Noted, there will be delays but we are aware that tailoring includes BODs (it's why we first did the lesser crafts), so these durations must be fast to keep BODs interesting.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

glad to hear that ive been worried about this since I first saw the stone crafting timer
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

The new tailoring system went in, i havent yet posted an official announcement on the Excelsior Daily, will do that tomorrow.

What do you think of the delays, and the "craft to bag" option along with the BOD fill upgrade?

(Old Colibrian proverb)
bigd1979
Novice Scribe

Post by bigd1979 »

+C this is an AMAZING update. Two thumbs and even big toes up! I absolutely love being able to craft multiple items at once and BOD combine straight from the bag is genius. :woot: :dance Not to add to the coder-A.D.D. as +N would say, but are these changes possibly coming to all crafting?
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

Cannot tailor cloth. Just says I don't have any with 900 in my pack and no option to choose cloth just leather
Maze Scarlethart
Master Scribe

Post by Maze Scarlethart »

This update is amazing! It makes me excited to get back into BODs again! :nod: Thanks +C and +A
Possum12
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Possum12 »

Love the "Add from Bag" added to BoD's!!! Doing a lot of fletching at moment & is a HUGE plus.
Don't want to the Coders ADD (sorry +Nyx), but.....
Is there any possibility of the chop/smelt etc options from the tools being able to target a bag. Not sure if possible but I think would a massive boon for the BoD'ers like me?
Probably spend 75% of my time doing BoDs or gathering for them.
Tarkin Lamere in-game
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

@Possum12, yes we plan to add a salvage bag so you can just target the bag and smelt everything that's inside.

Opened an official topic for this tailoring upgrade, to post issues & discussion:
http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 70&start=0

(Old Colibrian proverb)