game crashing

Name says it all
Sir Odin
Passer by

game crashing

Post by Sir Odin »

After trying to sign in to the new patch 12. I received this message after getting login on the game and on open the option tab on paperdoll, trying to turn off music on game. This box would pop up with the following message. If anyone has any idea how i can fix this problem please let me know thanks.

fatal:
could not create directory:c:\users\Boyce\Ultima Online-Excelsior Shard\Ultima Online-Excelsior Shard\Ultima Online\Desktop/Sir Odin/Excelsior/Tobe
with a Ok box to click
after clicking game crashes :(
Kara
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: game crashing

Post by Kara »

[strike]it sounds like you installed it into a restricted folder or a folder where you have limited permissions.[/strike]

On second thought it might just be the update removed the "run as administrator" check.
Sir Odin
Passer by

Post by Sir Odin »

No i tried running as Admin and game still crashed :( Anytime i try to use paperdoll options screen i crash :(
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Running as administrator usually fixes it. How about, if you move the directory from c:/users/boyce to your desktop? I think the desktop isnt considered a system folder, maybe it will work there.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Kara
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Kara »

+Colibri wrote:Running as administrator usually fixes it. How about, if you move the directory from c:/users/boyce to your desktop? I think the desktop isnt considered a system folder, maybe it will work there.
From the path it seems it's already on the desktop. I think you may mean to move it away from the desktop?

By the way, if you run the client with Razor or Steam, are all of them admin flagged?
fayew
Passer by

Post by fayew »

It can be caused because of over heating. Reset the game and try.
TeslaElectra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by TeslaElectra »

Sir Odin,
Are you able to run Teamviewer with me? I might be able to help. PM me in game - Tesla Electra