Gauntlet Changes

Name says it all
Tiny Rick
Apprentice Scribe

Re: Gauntlet Changes

Post by Tiny Rick »

Excellent idea on the instance approach! +1 That would be amazing for Doom.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

+Colibri wrote:We're actually quite far in making an instanced dungeon system (it's being tested & polished), where you will need 1 skull to get in, and then have a very long time (several hours) to complete a run - without anyone having to wait because of that. I don't have an exact ETA, but I hope it will get it's turn (needs just another 2-3 afternoons to finalize, test & deploy) by mid or late june.
this is a really elegent solution to handling popular destinations, if you can make RunUo do that... its the best option, having said that ... the +n +v solutions over the years using what tools available have been sufficient enough and yeah... creative impressive solutions, if you don't yet have super cool instanced dungeon thingies.

still kinda miss the champer campers, in a weird way as irritating as they could be the field isn't the same without the karate fight with them.
champer camper goin down.
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

I find the whole idea of instanced dungeons to be a bit meh.

Although an instanced dungeon that has a random map and randomish mobs :)

tl/dr. Gauntlet change sucks, solves the problem, better than deleting gauntlet. So :dance
Character name: Ebony
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

1) supply went down and demand stayed the same (ish) so prices, of course, went up no item in the game (other than gold) has a set gold value its literally what other ppl are willing to pay. ppl throw the opportunist name around like is a bad thing, I would sell a tamed chicken for 30 million gold if someone wanted to buy it. I may have a few artyies to sell and yeah a have a price point I won't go lower than but if I can find someone who wants a BC for 11 mil ill sell it to them. someone complaining that I should sell it to them for 5 million (or 50k) because that's how much it is "worth" doesn't get how the market works here. I have 5 BC relayers from 2011 back when someone would give you a BC or sell it for 100k because they were "the poor man's titain" that cost 10mil to drop the arty tag so know one thought it was worth it (other than me i guess). I agree buying a BC for 10 mil spending another 10 mil to drop the tag and then 500 to relayer isn't worth it. took me over two months to get another BC on my own this spring 150ish rounds in gauntlet got me 1 BC 3 SOTs, 3 Jackels and about 45 other trash arties.

2) you should make it so if you steal kill in the game you turn RED for 2 min and can be PKed but cannot do any DMG back or heal. that would solve the problem.

3) stealing a kill in Gaunt is an imaginary problem if you do damage to the critter you get an arty chance. if you are too slow to get to the new room before the gang kills the boss, then get on a mount and quite sucking at life.

4) move Gaunt to the PK dungeon (then the PK dungeon would actually get used) and make it a free for all with no rules and all artyies are cursed! BA HA HA (Joke idea i know this wouldn't ever happen) then there will be no heartburn because there would be no rules.

5) yoda smells like a swamp

6) i miss anarchy, it make me sad he is gone

7) the tooth fair is not real
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

Nick wrote:
7) the tooth fair is not real
you just crushed my dreams and hopes, my teeth a re falling out, lol
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

Nick wrote:1) supply went down and demand stayed the same (ish) so prices, of course, went up no item in the game (other than gold) has a set gold value its literally what other ppl are willing to pay. ppl throw the opportunist name around like is a bad thing, I would sell a tamed chicken for 30 million gold if someone wanted to buy it. I may have a few artyies to sell and yeah a have a price point I won't go lower than but if I can find someone who wants a BC for 11 mil ill sell it to them. someone complaining that I should sell it to them for 5 million (or 50k) because that's how much it is "worth" doesn't get how the market works here. I have 5 BC relayers from 2011 back when someone would give you a BC or sell it for 100k because they were "the poor man's titain" that cost 10mil to drop the arty tag so know one thought it was worth it (other than me i guess). I agree buying a BC for 10 mil spending another 10 mil to drop the tag and then 500 to relayer isn't worth it. took me over two months to get another BC on my own this spring 150ish rounds in gauntlet got me 1 BC 3 SOTs, 3 Jackels and about 45 other trash arties.
1. "Supply went down" - It was assumed supply went down. There is a strange thing that happens when you overprice something beyond the realm of reason. the "someone who will pay for it" slowly ceases to exist as people calculate the logical benefit of the item. there is no lack of supply with bonecrushers nor will there ever be. I am basing this on #of players over shard lifespan, #of potential gauntlet runs in that time against odds, etc.. I am sorry to say My guess, is likely more on the money than yours. Not only is the change in cost not drastic enough to curb farming bc's, it may actually increase it. Due to the cost now "believed" to be attached. sorry to say "supply went down" is 180 degrees from the truth. Oh yeah not to mention for supply to go down, first there would have to be time passed for this to happen, the price change was inside of a day of the change being made.

2.if it is not a worthwhile relayer it is not worth 11million under any circumstances. Your logic is totally broken. To both defend the bloated cost, and agree it is not worth it to relayer makes 0 sense. this discussion is off topic these are not. Thank you for fullfilling the tired "Yoda is an out of touch vet" response.
Nick wrote: 2) you should make it so if you steal kill in the game you turn RED for 2 min and can be PKed but cannot do any DMG back or heal. that would solve the problem.

how does this "solve the problem" its a make work project for staff and a vehicle for an insane amount of drama. You are essentially saying since you have offended me, I get to have a onesided punchup with you. oh and you can't defend, and resurrection is my discretion, no offense man. this is an absolutely silly idea and I hope this was a joke.
Nick wrote: 3) stealing a kill in Gaunt is an imaginary problem if you do damage to the critter you get an arty chance. if you are too slow to get to the new room before the gang kills the boss, then get on a mount and quite sucking at life.

Rushing ahead when in a group regardless at how much someone "sucks at life" is completely rude, aggressive and shows why you have silly ideas like 2. and think they are good.
5) yoda smells like a swamp
I live in a swamp what a co-incidence.
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

There's no chance we'll add somesort of PvP for killstealers, it will just make a whole lot of drama. For anyone joining now, please read my earlier reply about what the current plans are.

I think there's not much more to say on this topic, locking the thread.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)