Hello everyone!

Name says it all
erised_faylen
Master Scribe

Hello everyone!

Post by erised_faylen »

I'm new (to the shard not to UO) so I thought I might introduce myself.. It's always hard getting acquainted on a new server

I'm Brittney, I'm a Pastry chef IRL, I played UO from 2002-2006 (ish). I played first on Pangaea for a couple years, GMed my characters there then moved to Darkenwood for a bit to get more into the roleplay aspect of the game.

I haven't played in over 10 years, so I'm really excited and feeling rather nostalgic! 8)
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by Gaara »

Welcome to your new home :) The wiki and forums have tons of info so i suggest you take a look :P Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it!
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

Gaara wrote:Welcome to your new home :) The wiki and forums have tons of info so i suggest you take a look :P Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it!
Welcome and i agree with Gaara here. This shard have ALOT of custom stuff. Enjoy! :D
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Welcome! The previous replies were good advice, the wiki is an incredibly helpful tool here, because so much is custom to UOEX. You're ahead of the game by already making a forum account and browsing around, we make most of our announcements on the forums and it can be helpful for a newer player to browse the Announcements section and get an idea of what's up recently. It is also helpful to check there if you find something is different here than you remember or if you're having trouble with crafting (which is being overhauled at present).

I hope you enjoy your new home here at uoex :wink:
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

welcome, you will love it here especially if you follow as close as you can, "the law" according to yoda..

Simply put the law is this, when things go wrong (and they will) remember its a videogame, and you initially booted it to have fun..

have a great time
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
erised_faylen
Master Scribe

Post by erised_faylen »

Thanks everyone! I'm struggling so far only with that everything here is sooooo different. I feel a little lost >.>

Can anyone give me advice with UOam? I couldn't get it to work for some reason and that would be supppperrrr helpful because the maps here are way different than what I'm used to, my number one problem right now is i'm super lost haha
I followed the instructions listed on the site here but it doesn't seem to be working properly
Versales
Elder Scribe

Post by Versales »

Hello,

I don't know how helpful my suggestions will be (I don't use UOAM)
First - Try doing a forum search with UOAM (or variations of that, auto map, etc etc) so see if someone has had a simile issue to yours and what (if anything) they did to resolve it.

Second - provide a little more information here
What is happening? Is the client crashing? Is it showing you in a wrong area? Is the map coming up blank?
Are you patched up the the latest (and/or proper) versions of - UOEX, UOAM, steam or razor etc
What do you think the issue might be? Any insight into what might be going on.

Third - Try typing in world chat ([c) to see if anyone is familiar with UOAM and seeing if they might be able to meet you in game somewhere and help walk you through what to try next.

We have some pretty helpful computer literate people here who might be able to help you in any of these capacities. (I am NOT that guy, my solution is hit it with a hammer and see if that helps - it generally doesn't)

Hope these suggestion help, and that you get the problem fixed!
Valorian in game!
erised_faylen
Master Scribe

Post by erised_faylen »

thanks! I have it kind of working now but it's still showing me super far from where I actually am. I've used UOam in the past but i can't remember how i got it to work in the past :lookingout: . I'll try searching to see if i can find anything on here. Thanks a bunch!