It´s me again. First post doesn´t appear in the list

Name says it all
Fargo
Passer by

It´s me again. First post doesn´t appear in the list

Post by Fargo »

[Edit: It was my fault that the topic didn´t appear in the forum]

Hello shard!

At first i wish to thank all the players who helped me!
This shard ist really nice!!!!

But there are three questions:

1) Why can´t I buy a normal kris at the blacksmith? The only weapons I can use for fencing are daggers and the short spear.

2) Trainig healing.
In the Wiki is an instructions how to increase healing. You should put on the Magic-Hat, which increases the strength. Then healing can be used. This can be summarized in a macro. But I can´t find this hat, only with a resistance in elements.

3) Maybe I was not paying attention. I have chosen healing as a third skill, that is, with a value of 20, and then had only 0

Thank you for your attention!

Have a nice day, and a nice play!

And, onother time, thank you for the help and support of this shard. But, you must understand, this is a lot of information for a new player here. :)
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: It´s me again. First post doesn´t appear in the list

Post by +Colibri »

1) Vendors here only sell very basic items. To get a weapon that's not on a blacksmith, you can craft it yourself, or ask someone to craft a few krysses for you.

2) The hat is sold by mages, yes that's true. But I don't know who wrote this, the hat doesnt give you any extra strength. I edited the wiki, perhaps this was on some other shard but i haven't heard of such hat here.

3) Something i'll have to look into, could be a bug, or maybe you adjusted the skills and the third one got 0 value.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Just tested it, you lose str when using a mage hat. So when you REMOVE it, you gain str. Then you can heal back up.
Jace winters
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Jace winters »

Better way is to go Lich form as you lose health while in that form. only one script has to run but have to have 70 necromancy to be able to do.
Fargo
Passer by

Post by Fargo »

Thank you so much for your replies!

My healing is high enough now , using the young-player-hat and a makro.
I habe tried the magic-hat, no reaction on str.

After some attempts I had then also found a player who had given me a Kris. Thanks a lot for this. But I still do not understand why there is such a problem to get a single-handed fencer weapon.

My Dex is still low, just at 50. Even if I run the PC over night and train in the trainingsroom with an fencing-dirk I get no more than ca 1,25dex per hour, str gains more then dex. I find that very curious. And, for the skills that I can use in a macro to gain dex, I do not go further because they violate the rules of the shard. Even fishing because i get fish.
(Edit: beeing training now archery in the training-room for an hour, str has gained 2, dex nothing)

I have tried my luck in second level of Despise and i am somewhat disappointed (i try to play provoce/close-combat). There is a high risk and the earning is quite low. The range for provoce (provoce is at nearly 51) is quite low and if I get damage then a lot. An Ettin is good, an Earth-Elli almost impossible. If I go to the first level of Despise, I will be attacked by 10 to 20 monsters at the same time. I wear a studded leather, a kite shield and a kris. My skills for combat are allmost at 100%, str at 101, dex at 50.

How should I get bigger?

I do not know where to go now. My equipment is damaged, including my single Kris, and I do not know how I could get that fixed.

This shard is very good, but very difficult for new players.

I need a guild or an experienced player who can help me out.

Thank you for your patience!