What is a good weapon or armor?

Name says it all
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

What is a good weapon or armor?

Post by Alibaster »

I'm trying to get an idea of what is considered a good random drop armor or weapon. Below are two items I found on a random drop but I have no idea what is considered a good item worth keeping and what i should be recycling. What do you think

#1 Valorite Two Handed Axe

Hit Harm 10%
Hit Mana Leech 8%
Lower requirements 50%
Physical Damage 40%
Fire Damage 10%
Cold Damage 20%
Poison Damage 10%
Energy Damage 20%
weapondamage 16-17
Weapon speed 31
Strength requirement 20
two-handed weapon
Skil required Swordsmanship
Durability 120/120
Abilities: Strike, Shadow strike

Is that a good weapon or average?

#2 Platinum Platemail Gloves
Lower Requirements 100%
Mage Armor
Mana increase 4
Hit Point Regeneration 1
Physical Resist 16%
Fire resist 11%
Cold Resist 10%
Poison Resist 3%
Energy Resist 10%
Total Resist 50%
Durability 250%
Durability 189/189

I'm just trying to get a base line idea of what I should get excited about and keep and what is not worth having at all. Thanks for your input.
Alibaster in game!!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Re: What is a good weapon or armor?

Post by Wil »

For armor drops, you'll build three sets of armor: a lower reagent cost training suit, a dex suit and a luck suit.

See the 220 dex page on the wiki for the armor drops which are desirable for the dex suit.

For LRC, keep pieces which are meditable (plain leather or mage armor attribute) and have at least 10 LRC. Unless it's over 15 LRC you can forget about selling it.

For luck, most pieces top at 140. If you find something at 100 you can attempt to enhance it to 140 with gold or spined leather. You'll fail most of the time but at 120 will succeed often enough to be useful

You'll also build sets of crafting armors but those are bod rewards not drops.

Desirable attributes on weapons depends on whether you're levelling it to use as a weapon or levelling it to use as a relayer.

The getting started section of the relayer wiki page explains how to select a good candidate weapon for relayering.

The wiki pages on weapon leveling talk about which attributes are desirable for weapons meant to be weapons but in general you want Whirlwind and 38+ points in 3 or more "Weapon Hits" categories such as "Hit Lightning" and "Hit Mana Leech."

For both types, player-crafted weapons are worthless as starters.

Answering your question directly: both of the drops you listed are trash. Smelt the second for ingots. Citadel tends to have pretty good drops for the low to mid level player. Grab some decent pets, a pack ride (e.g. a mule) and a leash, then hunt there for a while. Beware that you can recall out of Citadel but can't gate out, so you'll have to shrink any pets besides your ride when you're ready to leave.