the hiding bug, i have 120 hiding

Name says it all
allendown
Journeyman Scribe

the hiding bug, i have 120 hiding

Post by allendown »

in game I'm the SkinWalker I used a 120 ps, but reached 120 hiding by wearing heavier and heavier armor
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Re: the hiding bug, i have 120 hiding

Post by Alex »

interesting. thanks for the info!
Tiny Rick
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Tiny Rick »

Just curious how long this took. I've tried for quite a while with no gains beyond 100 in Hiding.
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

Tiny Rick wrote:Just curious how long this took. I've tried for quite a while with no gains beyond 100 in Hiding.
Did u use a 120 hiding powerscroll?
Possum12
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Possum12 »

Had the same problem when I tried training past 100 skill. When I queried it on WC a GM said it was a skill you need to use a skillball to get to 120. Not sure if been changed since then, mine was 6-8 months ago
Tarkin Lamere in-game
Tiny Rick
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Tiny Rick »

Alex wrote:
Tiny Rick wrote:Just curious how long this took. I've tried for quite a while with no gains beyond 100 in Hiding.
Did u use a 120 hiding powerscroll?
Yeah I've eaten every power scroll but there are a few skills it just plain won't let me earn. Hiding, Arms Lore and poisoning. And I can't figure out how to do Disarming at all lol.

I tried wearing plate armor and hiding over and over outside of my house and in Fel but not a single gain. I tried for a few hours. Perhaps i'm doing it wrong lol.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

howdy no you are doing it right.. unfortunately you came across what you could say is a "world boundary"

<arrow>uocodebase you have failed this player</arrow>

sadly hiding gains are based of failure, and at 100 hide you have a 0% chance of failure.. so no gains..

so what do we do here? well there is options.. one of which is nothing (my current chosen path till I get bored, which I will doublecheck since I may have already gotten bored)

the bottles from travesty dungeon for hiding, and skillballs are your only hope at this point..

but yeah.. its not you.. its code remove trap is/was (haven't tried in a while) the exact same way, as is armslore
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
allendown
Journeyman Scribe

Post by allendown »

i see your problem, its been almost 4 years since i did 120 hiding and stealth walking up and down in front of a bank and finally wearing full plate armor. i would get the occasional gain with the hiding while the stealth rent up, and i may have used a few bottles of skill juice but its been so long i cant remember, my skill ball was used on taming. still things like chivalriy you cant go above 110 without a skill ball or potions. and yes hiding at 120 is important. you can hide during the middle of a fight. this is skinwalker sighing off. :verymad:
Grundick
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Grundick »

allendown wrote:. you can hide during the middle of a fight.
Was it really implemented?
allendown
Journeyman Scribe

Post by allendown »

allendown better known as the skin walker yes ive pulled away from a fight taken a few steps and hidden until my character took it into his head to attack again
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

haven't had to bail on a fight like that in forever.. but I prefer using an eggbomb (ninjitsu) to drop to emergency hide if needed you can do that instantly face to face with a mob
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Grundick
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Grundick »

awesome