Is it fair??

Name says it all
yanzea
Apprentice Scribe

Is it fair??

Post by yanzea »

QQ图片20170317175729.png
QQ图片20170317175729.png (30.56 KiB) Viewed 4277 times
this is all what happened yesterday, and i got chat banned for 5 hours so far and dunno how long im still gonna be banned.

i agree, i didn't behave in the most polite way this time, but did i say any dirty word? did i ever curse anyone? i kept myself calm when that guys said inappropriate stuff to me and reported it to staff, and 5+ hours chat ban is all that i got.

i know an administrator can do anything to a player but i would think it has to be in a reasonable way.
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Is it fair??

Post by +Nyx »

As I explained to you at length in game, you paged to complain about the other person. Upon investigating the logs, I see that you yourself instigated the argument and escalated it into something more than just a discussion. The other player did go too far in his response, and he also received a punishment commensurate with his own behavior. However, since you essentially started the fight, then tried to get the other person in trouble, I decided you also needed a little bit of an attitude adjustment in the form of a 24 hour chat ban.

While your language, taken on its own, was not necessarily a violation sufficient enough for a chat ban, the context and circumstances of the situation made it so. It isn't okay to pick a fight with someone just to try and get them in trouble, and perhaps that isn't what you were doing, but we work based off of players' actions, not their supposed intent.
yanzea
Apprentice Scribe

Post by yanzea »

I would say, Nyx, your presumption is based on your personal interpretation but not the fact. You guys have clear codex here which I respect and always try to follow. I don't think my words or behaviors violated any clause of it. I didn't try to start a fight and I didn't insult anyone. If you are saying I did so, plz give me evidence. I always watch my language but everyone got an attitude. You may warn me for not being "nice" enough, and I would apologize for that, but I don't think I deserve a punishment. I didn't do wrong.
Deorum
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Deorum »

Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Why ask for proof? You posted the proof. Made it super easy. :)
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

You could keep arguing about it and end up making it worse for yourself or you can accept that it doesn't pay to pick fights with people and then try to get them in trouble for their responses. Your chat ban is nearly half over at this point, and continuing to push the issue in the public eye isn't going to make it end early.

Edit: Yes, the punishments assigned were done so based on my personal assessment of the situation and the standing of the accounts involved. That is what you asked us to do by paging on the person. You asked for staff intervention, that means we check everything out and make a ruling based on the evidence and circumstances. If you dislike the situation you are in now, then don't be nasty to people.
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

Deorum wrote:Image
I acknowledge my level of participation in the above argument and accept the punishment handed out.
Should I have used better judgement, sure.
I felt I was being "called out" and defended myself.
Move over and pass the popcorn Deorum.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

But more seriously, these types of posts never end well.
Character name: Ebony
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

Micheal Jackson is here with the popcorn :lool:
Attachments
popcorn m jackson.PNG
popcorn m jackson.PNG (77.28 KiB) Viewed 4005 times
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

If nobody else is going to point it out.. I will.

LINE____________________________
"watch ur mouth child
or someone gonna take care of u"
Over the line..... ^ that, right there

Best to just admit you screwed up and be done with it.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

From the context provided, you're not even arguing about the same things, and clarification could have ended this before it started.

Yanzea seems to be talking about the achievement which required the killing of a specific mob (dragons), while Charon seems to be talking about slayer weapons, and the superslayer family of "dragons", which includes:

Abscess
Ancient Wyrm
Bane Dragon
Dragon
Drake
Fairy Dragon
Frost Dragon
Greater Dragon
Grim
Hiryu
Hydra
Lesser Hiryu
Rend
Reptalon
Serpentine Dragon
Shadow Wyrm
Skeletal Dragon
Stygian Dragon
Swamp Dragon
White Wyrm
Wyvern

Most of those things don't count as "dragons", (except actual dragons) for the achievement, but all will receive double damage from a dragon slayer weapon.
Entora
Master Scribe

Post by Entora »

To +R,

Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

+Requiem wrote:From the context provided, you're not even arguing about the same things, and clarification could have ended this before it started.

Yanzea seems to be talking about the achievement which required the killing of a specific mob (dragons), while Charon seems to be talking about slayer weapons, and the superslayer family of "dragons", which includes:

Abscess
Ancient Wyrm
Bane Dragon
Dragon
Drake
Fairy Dragon
Frost Dragon
Greater Dragon
Grim
Hiryu
Hydra
Lesser Hiryu
Rend
Reptalon
Serpentine Dragon
Shadow Wyrm
Skeletal Dragon
Stygian Dragon
Swamp Dragon
White Wyrm
Wyvern

Most of those things don't count as "dragons", (except actual dragons) for the achievement, but all will receive double damage from a dragon slayer weapon.

To be fair Yanzea initially asked if drakes were dragons, not were they dragons for achieving pts.
I responded yes, dragon slayers work on them. At that point she should have clarified herself. But didn't
I missed the part where she mentioned not getting points ( I was grabbing Slayer weap and heading into Destard)
Yanzsea "Pretty sure drakes are not counter as dragon slayer"
Again doesn't clarify she is speaking to pts system not slayer weaps/instruments.
at 5:59 I asked where she was so I could help figure out what she was talking about. No reply

AND..... it degenerates from there....
Yes 2 different topics one argument due to failure to clarify / understand the original question.
I was ETA (now Yanzeas guild) when I first arrived here, as such I feel the need to assist them as they helped me get started.
The rank n file will still receive any assistance I can provide, GM.... not so much.

As mentioned these topics will never end well, I will let it die, besides Michael is here with Popcorn.
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

Golden Temptress wrote:Micheal Jackson is here with the popcorn :lool:
About time you got here.
*Eats popcorn*
MrJones
Expert Scribe

Post by MrJones »

If you're asking public players, if what I just read was fair?
YES! +Nyx 100% correct. That sounded a bit hateful, and also if it started with you, well,
I'm now wondering if this post you made, was it a rhetorical question?

Keep up good work Admins

-Mjones
*wiping brown stuff from his nose* lol j/k but. For real. 100% fair.
The Great One,
Mr.Jones!!