Banished Naked to Felucca Challenge

Name says it all
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Banished Naked to Felucca Challenge

Post by Cygnus »

This challenge is for those who really want a 'Challenge.' It was originally done years ago and started by a player called Vholodim. Here is a link to the original post: http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7051
It is definitely not easy. The goal would be to just see how far you advance from your baseline character. This new challenge, to those of you who like challenges or are getting bored with current game play, should have a few set rules and I would suggest a theme to go a long with it.
First of all, take a character that would have to have a reason for being banished. (Mine stole from +Colibri's backpack)
Your character should also not be brand new with no skills at all. They should at least have hiding and stealth.
It would be okay to have them with a combat skill, some magery and taming. Here is why: You are naked. You have no weapons, no reagents, no armor. You can be a grandmaster mage and without reagents, the skill is worthless.
Drawbacks: 1. You banishment will have you at such a slow pace, you will go bonkers just trying to get somewhere. 2. If you want to play your other characters, then you cannot log this character out in Fel. It will always have to return to another facet before logging. 3. You have no luck. Do not expect the same drops as your other characters get.

Rules ( As I am playing it)
1. You cannot gain in any way from being in Trammel. No gold, stat or skill.
2. You cannot assist that character in any way. No help from friends. No accidently losing items in Fel for you to find.
3. You can have it still run errands (as punishment) BOD collection primarily.
4. You can use any vet reward mount you are eligible for. (Good luck hiding from Umms)
5. You can scrounge corpses others fail to claim, but see rule #2.
6. You cannot use items like keys, bags of holding, etc. (Your backpack should have been empty on banishment)
Note - I allowed my character a boat. Up to you if you do.

I have a list that I am compiling that shows ankhs, corpse stones, and friendly NPC's. I will publish that later.
There is a healer and banker in Britain and a banker and tamer in Delucia. There is a mage NPC in Jhelom and another one that I will keep secret. See, if you can find it.

Good luck to anyone who wants to try it. I am very much enjoying my return back into this challenge. I would be glad to chat with anyone on strategies and lessons learned if they be curious.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Re: Banished Naked to Felucca Challenge

Post by Gaara »

There was one problem with this challenge and still is: you can't log in with another char if you got a char in Fel :displeased:

I've been doing a similar thing outside Fel, no contact with other players, minimal contact with NPCs, trying to craft everything by myself, no insurance, no macroing anything etc... :) It's refreshing when i die doing even a plain tmap :P
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

I love getting back to basics in this game and wish to do a similar version of what you have written Cygnus. As default, I turn off world chat and play the game with no additional programs, using only what the game provides. However, I have yet to do the whole 'start from scratch' thing.

At the moment I am still farming the ED for my 3rd and final relayer, but once I do, I plan on pursuing a slightly different challenge to you. I want to follow my character's Hunter/Ranger fantasy and walk the entire length of Britannia. From the top of Yew to the very south, I want to rely solely on the skills the game gives us and forage/hunt for materials to stay alive.

I plan on emptying my backpack and starting with 100 bandages and 100 arrows. This will force me to be careful about engaging too many mobs. I will also have to hunt and gather raw materials once I run out.

I plan on making my character eat and camp out every time I log out.

The only spells I'll allow myself is teleport (if stuck)and heal/cure if I am out of bandages and near death.

I plan on exploring as much as I can. Defeating monsters as I stumble across them and simply be a ranger and wanderer of the wilds. I am yet to decide on how much gear to start with.

Who knows how this will turn out but it should be more fun than the gold grind. Hell, I might even GM some crafting skills before I am done with this adventure :)

All the best and good luck with your idea!

Pek
Ecthelion - Drizzt - Gandalf Greyhame
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Gaara wrote:There was one problem with this challenge and still is: you can't log in with another char if you got a char in Fel :displeased:

I've been doing a similar thing outside Fel, no contact with other players, minimal contact with NPCs, trying to craft everything by myself, no insurance, no macroing anything etc... :) It's refreshing when i die doing even a plain tmap :P
Aye, and without recall/etc, there's only 2 ways back from Fel, 3 if you count the gate at a champ spawn.

It would be nice for this type of thing if there was a way to log off in Fel and log a different character in, but that would probably take too much of the staffs time policing it. :(

Perhaps a way to lock such a character to Fel only.
Or perhaps a Fel copy with no gates in it or to it. Once you start a character there that character is stuck there. Then the log off ban might not matter so much.
Character name: Ebony
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

It would be nice for this type of thing if there was a way to log off in Fel and log a different character in, but that would probably take too much of the staffs time policing it.
There was a reason why staff set it up so you couldn't log off in fel. Too many players I do believe camped the champs with one character and could be on the spot immediately when they came up.
I do one of 3 things: Leave through the 'Remember' gate, leave through the Brit Moongate, or just log off in Fel.

Here are some observations:
I expected better drops and hoped to get harps, tambourines etc, to help, So far, Only 1. That let me train music to 100% and peacemaking to about 29% before I ran out of uses. Without luck, drops are very basic for a low level player. Need more instruments.
I have used the camping skills daily to help raise stats.
I am constantly using spirit speak and meditation to give myself a fighting chance.
A player with lockpicking skill would have a great advantage, but my character doesn't have it...yet. Just another 1,000 orc lord kills and I might be able to train it up.

More observations to come later.

Somebody asked me earlier today why I was doing this and what was the point.
I guess it is to bring the thrill of playing back again. I tried not to make my primary character super uber so I can still have the fear of dying, but I find myself running around the same locations with no fear and no real purpose other than achieving "Achievements." Playing this way, I am constantly thinking, constantly planning, and constantly keeping my head on a swivel for those dastardly Umms. :shock:
Versales
Elder Scribe

Post by Versales »

I really like challenges like these :)

I completely understand needing to get the thrill back.
I have several characters that I am doing something similar with.
One I started with some truly useless skills, dumped everything he started with, and took him around. I thought about going to Fel, however, I found it arduous trying to fight in fell and then hoof it to the nearest gate. I decided that what worked best for me was just sticking to Tram and never entering town. I have JUST reached a level where I can kill a troll after about 10 minutes of hitting it and running away and healing. I have found that I have some really crappy drops. This is to be expected, as I am just killing Ettins, trolls, and such. The getting armor is pretty slow going as well, but I love it!
I think I have gathered just about 4k, lol!

On another character, I crafted some very basic armor, and gave him like 500 bandaids, and a bag of sending with like 500 charges. This gives him the ability to at least kill things like troll with a little more ease. I have been having a ton of fun almost never visiting town!
*edit* -- I decided that this character won't use any spiritspeak until after I train healing to GM, just to limit my avenues of healing to keep the difficulty up!

I have found Dispise is a GREAT training ground. It has Ettins, Eles to train on and then when you get to lvl 2 it gets considerably more difficult!
Valorian in game!