voting

Name says it all
mrsdeshon
Expert Scribe

voting

Post by mrsdeshon »

Hi guys,
Im not sure if I have this correct but...I vote about 5 days a week. I get 1 ED. Perfect. Today I voted and did not get an ED but a check for $47,000. This doesn't cover the cost of 1 ED. So now I am voting and how do I get Ed's ..just donations?
:displeased:
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Re: voting

Post by Opopanax »

There was a slight overhaul of the way voting is rewarded recently. Check the post here http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=65188#p65188

Maybe a few of the sites didn't register properly over your last few votes and it notched you down a few levels to get cash reward over ED?
In game name: Abarai
Sadie McKee
Adept Scribe

Post by Sadie McKee »

My voting is going the opposite direction. I vote 7 days a week. Saturday I vote and received an ed was at level 23. Sunday I voted started with 47,000 and level 22, yesterday level 21 and today level 20 and 43,000 even though I have voted on all 5 sites. Just wondering why I am going backwards if I am still voting on all 5 sites.
eirenna416
Apprentice Scribe

Post by eirenna416 »

:cry:
Last edited by eirenna416 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Just keep voting, it will correct itself as you keep going. Be sure to vote on all 5 sites.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

I'm just wondering if it'll decrease after one voting session, i'm sometimes unable to connect on one of the sites... Also, be sure to keep the tabs open long enough for it to register the votes.
Entora
Master Scribe

Post by Entora »

Gaara wrote:I'm just wondering if it'll decrease after one voting session, i'm sometimes unable to connect on one of the sites... Also, be sure to keep the tabs open long enough for it to register the votes.
Actually I got the same too. One of the sites always shows error after I vote.
Freyja
Passer by

Post by Freyja »

Same - I am not sure I will ever successfully vote all 5, but I try =)
MissDemeaner
Passer by

Post by MissDemeaner »

Sadie McKee wrote:My voting is going the opposite direction. I vote 7 days a week. Saturday I vote and received an ed was at level 23. Sunday I voted started with 47,000 and level 22, yesterday level 21 and today level 20 and 43,000 even though I have voted on all 5 sites. Just wondering why I am going backwards if I am still voting on all 5 sites.

Unfortunately same thing is happening to myself, I have dropped from 24 to 20 today and I have been voting for all sites. Is there a way to get ourselves back up instead of going down? it's kind of depressing :cry:
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

I'm voting on all sites and daily, stayed at level 25 :?
Sadie McKee
Adept Scribe

Post by Sadie McKee »

I still vote on all 5 sites and am still going down I am down to 19 now. Does it matter if I use Chrome or does that have anything to do with it
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Sadie McKee wrote:I still vote on all 5 sites and am still going down I am down to 19 now. Does it matter if I use Chrome or does that have anything to do with it
I use chrome...
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

From what I see, the problem is that it takes last 7 votes to calculate fairness... So, if until now you voted just on one site, and by the time you notice you a drop to the 47k gold reward, and start voting fairly then, it takes 2 more vote cycles before your reward level stops dropping!

I have temporarily added a fairness indicator for every vote session. When you go to the stone, for every session you will see "Was fair: yes/no". (this indicator will be removed after a week, because the system is far from exploit-proof and by seeing the fairness for every specific session, someone would eventually figure it out hehe).

- If the last vote you did shows up as "Yes", then you just need to keep voting fairly, the level will stop dropping in 2-3 fair vote sessions, and start rising a few sessions after that.
- If you keep seeing "No", even though you have really voted on all the sites, then please send a help ticket in-game and i'll take a peek at your specific situation. (If you already sent a ticket and we linked you to this post, please re-open that same ticket).

About UOGateway and misc sites that are sometimes problematic: that's why it takes an average "fairness index" of the last 7 votes, and doesn't require a 100% fairness (all votes to be confirmed from the sites) in order to get the same reward, or increase the level.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

On a side note, the voting sites DO change from time to time
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Is it possible an ad blocker is causing the problem? I've been offline for about the last two weeks but i vote every day like clock work. After checking today I've dropped down to level 12. I've always voted on all 5 sites but I do have an ad blocker on Chrome. Could this cause the problem?
Alibaster in game!!