Graphics issue?

Name says it all
Legendaries
Elder Scribe

Graphics issue?

Post by Legendaries »

Is the first picture happening to only me? If so does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? Those purple squares haven't ever been there before.

I also am having an issue with lose deeds in my house. I placed two fall quest willow trees in the green circles and they stayed for about a week. The small green circle is exactly where i placed it. I logged on after the restart and they were gone. The second picture shows where my trees were.
Attachments
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (339.55 KiB) Viewed 2262 times
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (291.45 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Graphics issue?

Post by +Nyx »

We have your page in the queue regarding the trees - that's a +C issue, which is why nobody else has touched it yet. We haven't forgotten about you, the boss is just busy :)

As for the hair, that's a known issue that +C will eventually fix. Basically, we had to change some stuff for the original 2013 patch to allow for the new hairstyles I added, but a side effect of that was that some NPCs' hair became "movable" and thus fell to their corpse when they died. If you see it happen, just send a page and tell us the type of mob (best to page from their spawn location) and we can let +C know so he can fix it in the scripts. In this particular case, I see that it's the cupid quest acolyte mobs - that's just an oopsie on +V's part, I'll fix it today.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

+Nyx wrote:NPCs' hair became "movable" and thus fell to their corpse when they died.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

:lol:
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Legendaries wrote:I also am having an issue with lose deeds in my house. I placed two fall quest willow trees in the green circles and they stayed for about a week. The small green circle is exactly where i placed it. I logged on after the restart and they were gone. The second picture shows where my trees were.
I just researched this issue, and found that the willow trees were chopped down by a co-owner of the house, and are currently stored in that player's house.

Not angry because it took about 1.5 hours to figure this out (although, was resolving other help requests while the backups were loading), but just wanted to spread the word that items don't simply disappear.

(there was a time when i researched almost every such issue, until I approached about 100 cases where an item supposedly poofed, but found such reasonable explanations to it. I no longer investigate all such things, but this one seemed odd - so i checked it out, just in case - to make sure that the server really doesn't "eat" stuff :) )
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Entora
Master Scribe

Post by Entora »

That co-owner is going to be in cold sweat when he/she read this post :lookingout: