Achievement issues

Name says it all
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Achievement issues

Post by Cygnus »

I have come across some issues when trying to 'achieve' some of my achievements, and I would like to know if anyone else has had similar issues, or know how to resolve them. They are listed as follows:

1. "God Killer" No credit for completing a champion. I've done 4 so far, and have even gotten a skull, so....
2. "One of Each" I have tamed each of the mounts listed here and even rode them to be sure. Still no credit.
3. "Ride in Style" I have done a horse bod, a Kirin bod, plus those listed in #2. Still no credit for anything.
4. There is no level 6 treasure maps listed on the Gump.
5. "A Drop a Day" You cannot go anywhere on this shard without something poisoning you. Still no credit. Does it have to be applied by another player in stead of a mob?

FYI - For those who haven't done the Serpent Pillars yet, make sure you move on the boat once you reach them. Sailing the boat around it is not enough.

Outside of the above issues, I am having a blast working on these. Getting to hunt things I used to just pass by has added another dimension to my gameplay and more reasons to keep logging in.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Re: Achievement issues

Post by culichi »

static has credit for the level 7 t-maps achievement but I recall him saying on wc that he had done the level 6 achievement not the level 7
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

culichi wrote:static has credit for the level 7 t-maps achievement but I recall him saying on wc that he had done the level 6 achievement not the level 7
I have done 2 Ingenious maps and they haven't registered anywhere yet.
Argyle
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Argyle »

To continue the cheerfulness:
Blacksmithing skill level isn't detected for 'The Creative' and 'The Ingenious'. None of the crafting skill levels have been detected for 'The master craftsman'. Same also for Item ID, forensic eval and Taste ID ('The Knowledgable', 'The curious').

Also, if 'Seeker of Doom treasures' refers to the get a key for the insta-kill trapped chests, it doesn't work either.

M
Ingame char name is microcline
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

Cygnus wrote:
culichi wrote:static has credit for the level 7 t-maps achievement but I recall him saying on wc that he had done the level 6 achievement not the level 7
I have done 2 Ingenious maps and they haven't registered anywhere yet.
ive done a bunch of level 6 myself and they havnt registered either but static knows maps I doubt he was mistaken about which achievement hed earned
GreenBar
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by GreenBar »

Cygnus wrote:I have come across some issues when trying to 'achieve' some of my achievements, and I would like to know if anyone else has had similar issues, or know how to resolve them. They are listed as follows:

1. "God Killer" No credit for completing a champion. I've done 4 so far, and have even gotten a skull, so....
2. "One of Each" I have tamed each of the mounts listed here and even rode them to be sure. Still no credit.
3. "Ride in Style" I have done a horse bod, a Kirin bod, plus those listed in #2. Still no credit for anything.
4. There is no level 6 treasure maps listed on the Gump.
5. "A Drop a Day" You cannot go anywhere on this shard without something poisoning you. Still no credit. Does it have to be applied by another player in stead of a mob?

FYI - For those who haven't done the Serpent Pillars yet, make sure you move on the boat once you reach them. Sailing the boat around it is not enough.

Outside of the above issues, I am having a blast working on these. Getting to hunt things I used to just pass by has added another dimension to my gameplay and more reasons to keep logging in.
1. God Killer. I reached my 50th kill just yesterday. There's a trick to it. Not sure if you want a spoiler or not. To me figuring it out was a big part of the fun. If you want a hint, read the description and take the wording literally. If not, ignore that last sentence.

2. and 3. I've an open help ticket on these two achievements from December. They're known issues.

5. A drop a day. Again, read the description and take the wording literally. I'll post the spoiler answer below. Ignore it if you enjoy the hunt for a solution.

I totally agree. It's been fun revisiting areas of the game not experienced for many years. Very much enjoying the achievement system.
Spoilers Alert!:
1. To get God Killer credit and a count towards "Kill 50 Champions" You have to kill the champion. Literally. You can't just get credit for the kill. You have to deal the death stroke. If you've achieved "Come at me bro" you should have a kill count of at least 1.

5. The count description says "Resist poison 100 times" If you're a god mode player with 220 dex and spamming healing all over the place, you're probably healing the poison before you try to resist it. I've achieved this goal so know it was working last year when I did.
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

[quote="GreenBar
1. God Killer. I reached my 50th kill just yesterday. There's a trick to it. Not sure if you want a spoiler or not. To me figuring it out was a big part of the fun. If you want a hint, read the description and take the wording literally. If not, ignore that last sentence.

2. and 3. I've an open help ticket on these two achievements from December. They're known issues.

5. A drop a day. Again, read the description and take the wording literally. I'll post the spoiler answer below. Ignore it if you enjoy the hunt for a solution.

I totally agree. It's been fun revisiting areas of the game not experienced for many years. Very much enjoying the achievement system.
[/quote]

Thanks for your responses. They are very much appreciated.
I am still wondering about the God Killer. Does that mean the player with the fastest bow has the best chance at the final shot? Or is it all based on luck of the "draw" so to speak, that you actually get to deliver the final shot? If it is what you say, then it seems to me that a lot of players without weapons that deliver at max rate have less of a chance of completing this. Or am I wrong?
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

GreenBar wrote:"Resist poison 100 times" If you're a god mode player with 220 dex and spamming healing all over the place, you're probably healing the poison before you try to resist it. I've achieved this goal so know it was working last year when I did.
I got mine (26.12.2016) by just being in vampire form, it almost immediately resists the poison :) Same goes for the "Iron Stomach" achievement.
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

Cygnus wrote:I am still wondering about the God Killer. Does that mean the player with the fastest bow has the best chance at the final shot? Or is it all based on luck of the "draw" so to speak, that you actually get to deliver the final shot? If it is what you say, then it seems to me that a lot of players without weapons that deliver at max rate have less of a chance of completing this. Or am I wrong?
Its probably a combination of both. Anybody can get lucky and get the last shot, however, having 239 dex (max ssi) will probably increase your chances. To up the chances even more, i guess you could use multiple pets (I am assuming they work towards your kill).
+Arden
Elder Scribe

Post by +Arden »

God-killer can now be done in groups and everyone involved that get considered for rewards should also get the achievement to proc.