to bag it or not to bag it ... that is the question.

Name says it all
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

to bag it or not to bag it ... that is the question.

Post by dreamstalker »

just had a thought which happens to me every now and agin. as i was stocking my vendor a question that i have thought of a few times over the years (and usually just as quickly gets lost as i run here and there killin lootin plunderin and pillagin).
so......what do yall prefer.. to have like one item on display (priced at 2gazillion gold so no one buys the display item) under or over a bag of similar items or do you prefer everything out in the open with no bags in sight ( like my uber stuff on my vendor lol). like i said been thinkin bout it for a while now so hopefully we can find out and all increase our sales. tyvm and god bless
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
tiggerjlk
Elder Scribe

Re: to bag it or not to bag it ... that is the question.

Post by tiggerjlk »

It's might be just me, but if I don't find what I am looking for in less than 30 seconds, I tend to run off to the next vendor, if I am looking for a more expensive item.

When I look on the vendor site and see something I want, only to open the vendor and see 15 bags, I tend to move on. I will look for a bit, if there is some indication as to what is in the bag.
Soylentgreen
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

I have to agree that a vendor with easy to see items is much more appealing and will warrant more browsing time, than a vendor who has multiple bags.

A display item next to the bag definietly helps but open display items are just more efficient for a shopper.
Ecthelion - Drizzt - Gandalf Greyhame
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Its kinda weird for me, from a sellers perpective at least. My TC vendor i dont think has ever sold anything from a bag, aside from essences. Its gotta be right on the vendor, or never sells. Then the other places. Have no issue selling from bags.
ScarletArmstrong
Apprentice Scribe

Post by ScarletArmstrong »

I absolutely hate opening a vendor's bag, and seeing it full of backpacks. When that happens, I don't care if they said they had what I want, I will move on. I know some people think they are being organized, but it comes across as annoying. I can deal with a few bags (4 at most). And in most cases, a white backpack means power scrolls. So, some make sense. Just don't expect me to go through a dozen bags, looking for an item. If you want it to sell, make sure it is convenient for those buying. But, if you are going to use a dozen backpacks, at least label on them what is inside.
“Life is never fair, and perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not.” ~ Oscar Wilde