DLG Potential Events in the Near Future

Name says it all
Johnny Blade
Apprentice Scribe

DLG Potential Events in the Near Future

Post by Johnny Blade »

Hello friends, I have been floating around two ideas for a Guild sponsored event and I wanted to see what type of feedback and interest the ideas garnered as well as gauge which idea would generate better participation.

1) Game of Thrones themed PVP Dungeon Event. This would be an event where teams of 8-12 players (depending on the total number of players) would come to the Great Tourney of Harrenhall under a House and Sigil of their desire flying and wearing their colors throughout the games. The event will consist of 4 or 5 different games from one on one combat with gear and weapons provided; team capture the flag in the dungeon tunnels where a player must carry the flag and the other team must kill that player to retrieve it, two on two where you can use your own weapons, team battlefield- basically a melee last team standing (one death you are out), & Royal Rumble where teammates can rez each other and each player will begin with an item provided by the guild and the team in possession of the most of said items at end of time limit win. Of course these are crude descriptions and for events like this to work polished, detailed and tested rules need to be in place but if the interest is not there I will not waste my time. I will create a point scoring system that will be unconventional that I think many of you will enjoy. Of course there will be prizes and they will be goo, there will also be entrance fees for players and to purchase a House Name, Sigil and Colors. I anticipate the event taking 3-4 hours on a weekend during prime hours.

2) Johnny Blade Presents the Ultimate Treasure Hunt: This is simply the most complex Scavenger Hunt you have ever partook in, guaranteed. For those of you that don't know me as well as my guild mates, I have kept journals since I began 2.5 years ago jotting down notes, purchases, recorded events like Grand Auctions, tracked prices, made notes on training or spots to make money and occasionally worked on a hunt that would incorporate the most secret, unique, awesome and unknown parts of this world. This would also be a team event but teams would be 4-6 players and will require many different skills so picking team mates would be the first and possibly most important task. You will require supplies because it will be a race so having to stop and pick up supplies as you go may cost you valuable time so being good Eagle Scouts and thinking of the most useful items would be a plus. I plan on incorporating as many skills, crafting, resource farming, taming, treasure hunting, grave digging, stone masonry, fishing, tracking, all the spell books and yes even fighting skills I will not tip you off to the spots obviously except one, the PVP dungeon. The final leg of the event will be transporting an item or items through the maze while random geared up DLG members will be hiding in the shadows attempting to stop you and get the items back causing you to take a time penalty at the end. You can outsmart them by strategically transporting the item among you possibly using stealth and distractions or you may choose to join together and tank your way through, up to you but I guarantee you will have a blast and the prizes will be worth it. This event may take longer than option one but I will try to keep it a reasonable length but if this is something enough people would try I will give plenty of time for you to plan in advance to schedule the time needed.

I hope for feedback, volunteers in planning and even some ideas to optimize either plan. I hope to hear from you all and have a good night!
-JB
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Re: DLG Potential Events in the Near Future

Post by Alibaster »

Being only 2 month old and new to UO, will either event be possible for a guy like me? Any chance the teams would have time to strategist and work out our strengths and weaknesses in advance? I don't want to be a liability for my team but it sounds like fun.
Last edited by Alibaster on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alibaster in game!!
Johnny Blade
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Johnny Blade »

I have a few idea how to even it out to be inclusive to newer players too, and yes one of them is to give plenty of time to strategize and maybe the newer player can focus on one area to train to help team. The other idea is to require every team to have a player of certain age group etc. But I want everyone to play and participate thats why option two would be better for more players.
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Johnny Blade wrote:I have a few idea how to even it out to be inclusive to newer players too, and yes one of them is to give plenty of time to strategize and maybe the newer player can focus on one area to train to help team. The other idea is to require every team to have a player of certain age group etc. But I want everyone to play and participate thats why option two would be better for more players.
Sounds like fun. Count me in. :dance
Alibaster in game!!
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

:dance
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Treasure hunt sounds like fun.
Character name: Ebony
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

We should talk @ some point as I have hosted a rather complicated and amazing scavenger hunt previously utilizing some scripts via easyuo and another player who acted as a bot with 7 different mazes with varied complexity. The event That I did lasted a week and required people to hunt and find specific items which were on respawn timers and temporary in nature. I have been working on a total overhaul of my large area (42 plots large) as part of a new player hosted event. I still have my script for the "bot" which can make things interesting. Please contact me in game and or via email lestatazero@gmail.com. I would be willing to host a ts3 server to aid in the facilitation of communication on a project as well.

There are many people who helped with the events I have done in the past and can speak on how well and fun they are.

Lestat