Downloading prepatched game client

Name says it all
nakedhampster
Novice Scribe

Downloading prepatched game client

Post by nakedhampster »

I am having an issue downloading your prepatched game client. It seems to download ok, but very slow, at first... and then stops with a network error. I have tried shutting down my antivrius, I also tried using IE.. Any ideas?
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Re: Downloading prepatched game client

Post by lestatzero »

nakedhampster wrote:I am having an issue downloading your prepatched game client. It seems to download ok, but very slow, at first... and then stops with a network error. I have tried shutting down my antivrius, I also tried using IE.. Any ideas?

Not sure as to what may be causing the issue but you can also try downloading the patch file linked below and put it inside the folder you want to use for the client and run it. It will download the entire client for you.

Hope this helps.

http://patch.uoex.net/downloads/expatch ... latest.exe
nakedhampster
Novice Scribe

Post by nakedhampster »

lestatzero wrote:
nakedhampster wrote:I am having an issue downloading your prepatched game client. It seems to download ok, but very slow, at first... and then stops with a network error. I have tried shutting down my antivrius, I also tried using IE.. Any ideas?

Not sure as to what may be causing the issue but you can also try downloading the patch file linked below and put it inside the folder you want to use for the client and run it. It will download the entire client for you.

Hope this helps.

http://patch.uoex.net/downloads/expatch ... latest.exe

Thank you, it seems to be working... But it looks like it will take about 13 hours to download the files needed >.<
I used to play UO on a dial up connection, makes it really nostalgic lol
nakedhampster
Novice Scribe

Post by nakedhampster »

Ok, as soon as I posted that reply it went down to 23 minutes lol
nakedhampster
Novice Scribe

Post by nakedhampster »

Finished patching, but now I get this error
"Could not connect to patch server 92.242.140.21:8888"
I redirected the desktop icon to the client.exe file and it seems to be ok, I was able to log in and make a character =3
Truck
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Truck »

Oh wow, this was exactly the reason why I came to the Forums.

I am having exactly the same issue. At most my client download speed is reaching like 1.2kbps!!! Not even dial-up was that bad!

I tried the whole client, and the patcher. Neither seem to be going at any special speed, when in reality, my download would take this about 10 mins if that.

Any help would be appreciated (my client is patch 46; I don't actually care if I can patch it, I would rather not lose all my progress, so will wait for some info from the community here), cheers

Well, that sucks, now I cant actually get into my game because the patcher actually corrupted the game. So, now I need legitimate help! ! !