Returning player needs help.

Name says it all
ksilverbow
Journeyman Scribe

Returning player needs help.

Post by ksilverbow »

Hi , I was a player for what seems ages ago. Frankly still surprised I have a forum account, but glad I do so I get back started with the lovely players here. Ok on to my questions.

1. UOSteam is what I use connecting to different shards and I didn't see any information on the forums or wiki on how to do this with UOEX. Can anyone point me to that information?

2. I still have another shard I play on with other friends will installing this effect that shard if I use UOSteam to connect to both shards?
-------------------------------------------------------
"Peace comes when I let go of trying to control every tiny detail "
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Re: Returning player needs help.

Post by Alex »

UOSteam def works on this shard. Not sure if it is compatible playing on multiple shards. Maybe someone else knows.

What I do recommend is you make sure you are fully patched. The latest patch can be found on the shard mainpage uoex.net. When you log in go to Town Center and go to the patch room and if you can see the things on the lower east corner your good to go.
ksilverbow
Journeyman Scribe

Post by ksilverbow »

Thanks with the help of someone i met in game, I was able to get steam to work. I haven't gone to the patch room to look yet But i will. I used the pre-patched game download from uoex so i am guessing that it should be up to date and should work fine.

It's been over a year and a half at least maybe 2 since i was here ... anyone want to catch me up on tips to use with steam?
-------------------------------------------------------
"Peace comes when I let go of trying to control every tiny detail "
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Alex wrote:UOSteam def works on this shard. Not sure if it is compatible playing on multiple shards. Maybe someone else knows.
Yes it is compatible with playing on multipile shards, but I tend to use a seperate install of UO for each one. Not that I typically play on others.

But it simplifies things. Especially with custom content, or different versions of UO.
Character name: Ebony