Tool Mania Quest broken UPDATE - it's me not the quest

Name says it all
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Tool Mania Quest broken UPDATE - it's me not the quest

Post by Alibaster »

I'm new to Excelsior and I've completed the Tool Mania Quest once all ready but I'm having trouble doing it a second time. I'm on part two trying to kill Searing Elementals. I killed 3 last night and 2 today and got 0 credit for the kills. Also, I can't add the Hardened Embers to the quest. I try but nothing happens. After about 5 minutes, they disappear from my pack. My account is only 13 days old too. Any ideas what's going on? Who can I report this issue to? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks
Last edited by Alibaster on Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alibaster in game!!
Versales
Elder Scribe

Re: Tool Mania Quest broken

Post by Versales »

Hello,

I am not familiar with the tool mania quest. However, if you think that it is broken/bugged submit a bug report. Go into the help menu and then report a bug. Be sure to explain the issue as throughly and concisely as possible. You should also use the feature that lets you click on items, and target the particular monsters/items you are having an issue with.

I am not sure if you have tired this or not, but you can search for "Tool mania" on the forums. You might find some answers there. I don't know.

-Valorian
Valorian in game!
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Thanks. I submitted a ticket but not as a bug. I'll do it again under bug report. I searched the forums and found nothing related to my issue. I did click the "collect" button on the quest and tried targeting the Embers but nothing got added. It acted like the Embers were not even there. After a few minutes, the embers disappeared.
Alibaster in game!!
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

So the issue is not with the quest but with me. I didn't notice the cool down counter for the quest. I'm trying to run it for a second time and I'm doing it too soon. I assumed if the quest could be started then I was good to go but that's not the case. It will work in 13 hours or so when the counter is done.
Alibaster in game!!
Versales
Elder Scribe

Re: Tool Mania Quest broken UPDATE - it's me not the quest

Post by Versales »

Ahh, glad to hear your issue was resolved. :) I'll add that tidbit of information to my mental rolodex for the next time someone has a question about the tool mania quest :)
Valorian in game!