New Patch 11 Problem

Name says it all
Wormboy
Novice Scribe

New Patch 11 Problem

Post by Wormboy »

Hello I was wondering if there is a known bug with the newest patch. My game was working just fine. but then I realised I couldn't see the new Turkey Animations for hunting.. So I exited the game, downloaded the newest patch, Then Ran the Game Again and I got Out of Memory Error on Razor and on the Original Client. I tried everything to get it to work but it Just wouldn't Load with the new patch.. So I uninstalled the new patch and put my other patch back in and the Game worked Flawless once again. I would really Like to install this patch. Maybe someone could tell me just the .mul files I need so I can see the new Animations ETC Thanks In Advance.
It's Better to Burn out.. Then to Fade Away.. -Neil Young

No ones Ever really Happy.... They Just pick the Lie they like best & go with it. -Me
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: New Patch 11 Problem

Post by +Nyx »

Hi - we actually added something into this patch that prevents the OOM error. I used to get it a couple times a week and I've never had it once since installing patch 11.

I'm guessing there's something else going on here, perhaps you're loading the wrong client as you log in, or perhaps your install didn't complete properly.

You said you "downloaded the newest patch", but you didn't give any details as to what steps you took or which files you downloaded and from where. Start again, and make sure you're using the proper steps listed at: http://uoex.net/codex/technical/patching

Things to be very careful of when patching:
- download the new expatcher. It is different than the previous one.
- leave your computer alone while downloading the files if at all possible. If you experience any kind of crash/lock up/etc while downloading, start it over.
- close out of ALL UO related programs before patching
- make sure you're loading the correct UO client with razor/etc. This is an obvious one and people always say "i did", but I can't tell you how many times this was actually the problem and people wasted hours because they refused to even check.
- If your computer sometimes has permissions issues, try running the expatcher as administrator
- make sure you run the new version of the client. There's an alternate option in the patch that does not have the addition for fixing the OOM error. You can try one or both to see which nets you the best results
Davemustache
Master Scribe

Post by Davemustache »

Hello wormboy, after i install the last patch i had memory error too, it was difficult to start the game sometime i retry like 20-30 times so i find this, I hope it work for you.
Davemustache wrote:Since the patch4C i have problem starting UO, i try the large adress aware programm and to boost virtual memory but i still having problems from time to time. Since the last patch the problem increase, this morning it take me 2 hours to log in :verymad:
So i had to find a true solution... :geek: I found this : you open CMD located in windows\system32 and run it as admin. and you type this BCDEDIT /Set IncreaseUserVa 3072 and guess what i log instantly :goodsuprise: Im on win 7 32bits premium familly edition with 4Gb or ram.

I hope it can help someone to not throw the computer in the wall like i almost do this morning.
Davmustin
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I'd strongly recommend trying everything else before doing any sort of advanced modifications to your computer, just to be safe. But I'm glad it worked for you Dave :)
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

dreamstalker

Post by dreamstalker »

Tbh I've only tried patching once or twice and had nothing but problems. Win 10 64 bit 24gb memory. NOW I just save my uo desktop folder and my uos .xml files to Google drive. Then I just delete uo folder download new fully patched uo client and reinstall. Afterwords I copy/paste my 2 afore mentioned files into their respective places and voila my macro's and desktop look just like before :). I've had no probs of any kind doing it this way. Good luck n god bless
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you