Official Day of the Dead Festival Thread

Name says it all
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Official Day of the Dead Festival Thread

Post by moonsongtx »

Hope to see you all at the Day of the Dead Festival on November 5th! It will be from noon to 6 pm approximately! It is free to attend (though there will be items that you can purchase there and a donation box has been set up if you wish to donate). Come in costume for our costume contest! (We may have a vendor with pieces to make a costume... still working on that!)

--Booths--

1. Info and Player Participation Award Booth - Neve DeLeon will be here pretty much all day, answering your questions! Also, once you have collected 5 game tokens, bring them here to swap them for a special particpation award!

2. DLG Booth - Wicked Wizard Race: Summon a chosen animal or monster before your competition does!

3. SWP Booth - Walking the Un-Dead: Get a group of 3 or 4 players together and come sign up for the Walking the Un-Dead! You'll be loaned an Un-Dead and portaled to the middle of a scary dungeon! Make it out with your Un-Dead um... un-dead (ha!) and you'll win a nice prize and be in the running for an even bigger one! Can YOU make it out alive?

4. NRG Booth - Spooky Scavenger Hunt: Grab your glasses! Grab your scopes or magnifying glasses! Search through the spooky home in search of treasures! (Or some such thing...)

5. UOEX Radio DJ Booth: Our wonderful shard DJs will be having fun watching everyone enjoy the day while they broadcast live from the festival!

6. Stage: Opening ceremony (Yes, Neve will give a speech but I promise to be short!). The costume contest will be held here also starting at 5:30 pm!

7. JDI Booth - Rescue the Maiden: Can you make it through the tower to save the maiden? Be careful not to get lost!

8. Left Portal Pad: Junobo's Museum - Take a stroll through the history of Excelsior! Junobo has what might be the largest collection of items from this shard we call home. While there is no charge to enter this wondrul walk down memory lane, he does accept dontations of items as well as gold (so he can acquire more items!)

Right Portal Pad: Golden Temptress's Botanical Museum

9. Lucky Larry - For 10k, you can take your chance on a grab box! Purchase your box, grab an ax and go somewhere safe (items drop to ground!). Once you are off alone, ax the box and see what you get! Prizes in the boxes are worth anywhere from a few K all the way up to at least 500k!**NOTE** All funds raised will go into the treasury for future fun events!

10. Ceridwen's Costumes - Did you leave home without your costume? Shop at Ceridwen's for the perfect outfit! **NOTE** All funds raised will go into the treasury for future fun events!

11. GG Booth - Ridgeback Races: On your mark.... get set...... hey wait! You're going to wrong way you silly beast! Oh wait... is this the way or is that? A maze? Where are weeeeee?

12. Memory Garden - This area has been set aside to remember those we have lost IRL.

A vendor is now set up at Shadow Moon Vendors (On the shop portal!) that sell pouches containing a skull candle and a book. Use this book to write something nice about your departed loved on. Once you have written what you want, contact Neve DeLeon and give the book and skull back to her. Make sure your name is written in the "by" area so she can get it back to you in a few weeks. These will be locked down as memorials in the Memorial Garden at the Day of the Dead Festival Grounds.
Cost per pack: 10k (this money will go to the Dead Parrots Society for future events!)
****DEADLINE FOR MEMORIAL SUBMISSIONS WILL BE NOVEMBER 3 NO LATER THAN 8 PM CST!!!****

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION YOU NEED!

Things to bring/wear to Festival Grounds
1. Your best creative costume! (NOTE: This should be one created by you... NOT the costume from the stone!) We'll have a vendor at the grounds with some pieces for purchase, so check her out!

2. Your sense of Adventure! Fun! Humor!

What to leave at home!
1. All armor/jewelry/weapons! You wont need them and to wear them in some games will disqualify you!

2. Mounts. Please minimize them. Small pets that are part of your costume are okay but large mounts will be just too big for the small area.

There is a bank available to all at the festival grounds. It is advised that if you plan on doing any game that takes you away from the festival, you bank things you don't want to lose. (The "tickets" You turn in for the final participation award are not blessed! Bank them or you might lose them!)

Each game will give out some awesome prizes to the winners! But if you don't win, don't worry! You still will receive a participation ticket. Collect 5 of them and turn them in at the info booth (Where the Day of the Dead Banner is hanging) to get a participation award to commemorate the day!

Confused about anything? Just ask me (Neve DeLeon)! I'll be in the info booth for most, if not all day! Please refrain from sending me PMs that day unless I'm not in the info booth. That way I can give all my attention to those at the festival! :)
Last edited by moonsongtx on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 10 times in total.
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Official Day of the Dead Festival Thread

Post by +Nyx »

I will host a monster bash event after the festival closes. I have also added both the festival and the monster bash to the events calendar :)
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Post by moonsongtx »

Thanks +Nyx!!!
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Post by moonsongtx »

Hey guys! Wanna have some fun before the Day of the Dead Festival? Put this picture into a computer graphics program or even print it out and make your own sugar skull! (The sugar skulls on the Festival pic were created by me using this template!)

AcidBern
Elder Scribe

Post by AcidBern »

Ive been talking about this on Excelsior Radio for the last week now. Its is confirmed that Excelsior Radio will be broadcasting live from the event. I will be on and NikolaTesla has agreed to take some time as well. ALSO!! It seems as I will be (a)judge? (the)judge for the costume contest? Not sure how many judges, but im looking forward to it!!!!
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

I saw this and had to do a double take lol, Thought it was your event making it's way into my Facebook Feed lol

TDC Guild
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Post by moonsongtx »

Hahaha! That's awesome! :D I probably should post info to the UOEX Facebook page.... Not sure if it would be seen on the feed if posted by just players though. Hmmm new paid service +Colibri? hehehe
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Post by moonsongtx »

We just had our first planning meeting tonight! Representatives from 5 guilds were in attendance and you guys are in for a LOT of fun on November 5! I'll be updating the main topic on this post with information such as what games there will be as well as a map to show what game can be found where. Be thinking of a cool costume to put together for the costume contest at the end! (Remember: Costume stone costumes can be worn to the event but can NOT be entered into the contest!)
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Post by moonsongtx »

Hey guys! I hope you all are getting excited for the Day of the Dead Festival! WE ARE! We had our second planning meeting last night and are working hard to make a fun day for Excelsior!

NRG joined us last night and will have a booth at the Festival! Check them out! We're also looking for ONE more guild to join us! Want to be a part of the history of Excelsior? Want to get your guild name out there, let people know who you are, and possibly recruit some new players? Want to just have FUN with other guilds and do something awesome for the shard at the same time? Contact me for info!!
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Post by moonsongtx »

It's getting close guys! Check out the updated information!!! :)
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Post by moonsongtx »

Hey guys! Are you ready for Saturday? Get your costumers together! Remember, we ask that you do NOT wear your normal gear to the festival! There is at least one booth where we ask for you to strip down and wear our armor and if you don't have room in your bank box, you'd take time to have to go home to drop it off!

Also remember that if you need information, I will be at the info booth all day! This is where you'll also trade in your 5 participation tokens for one of two really cool rewards!! (You can participate more and get 5 more tokens for another, just let me know you already have one of them!)

When you trade the tokens to me, I'll give you not only a reward but also a Voting Token. Please take this token to your favorite game booth and drop it into the drop box outside of the booth! Whichever guild wins best booth will receive a prize in the next week or so!

On Saturday please limit any PMs to me. I need to make sure that the booth runners can contact me if there is an urgent problem that would reversely effect your fun day! :)

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Post by moonsongtx »

I talked to AcidBern last night and we have the categories for this year's costume contest! First off, there will NOT be a group category (Sorry JDI! hehe)

Categories are:
Scariest
Funniest
Most Realistic

Each category has 1 winner of 10 ED! Get your costumes together folks! Remember, Ceridwyn at the Festival grounds will sell some clothes you can use for your costume and we have dye tubs there for your use as well. Leave your armor and weapons at home! You wont need them!
Baxster
Adept Scribe

Post by Baxster »

Thanks Neve and company for the event!
Davemustache
Master Scribe

Post by Davemustache »

Hey, i just finish the 5 activities from the festival and it was...
I was very impressed of the originality and fun level of each guild booth :nod: I was not sure to attend the event because i think it last 6 hours lol but it take me less then 2 hours with a couple of beers :lookingout:

I want to thanks you Neve to set up this and all the 5 guilds (DLG-SWP-NRG-JDI-GG)the staff that support the event and every players involve in this event and not forgetting our DJ AcidBern with is great music selection :dance

And the cherry on top a monster bash after this .... Im sure you cannot find this anywhere but Excelsior !

NP + Nyx i just hope you feel better soon.
Last edited by Davemustache on Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davmustin
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I'm glad you had fun, Dave!

Unfortunately, I've had to cancel the monster bash after the festival. I'm feeling rather ill today and there's a storm coming in this afternoon that could potentially knock the power out here. I didn't want to risk stranding everyone in the event space so I'm playing it safe and cancelling it.

As a consolation, however, I have made a gift stone near the stage on the festival grounds that will give you the rewards bag I was going to give after the monster bash, as well as some festival-themed goodies. Make sure to stop by and get your bag before the festival ends. And of course for anyone who hasn't already- go and explore and participate in the various booths!