When will the virtue system fixed?

Name says it all
jackpod
Expert Scribe

When will the virtue system fixed?

Post by jackpod »

Only 2 of them had been working so far, is there any timeline for players to expect by when we can fully utilize virtues?
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Re: When will the virtue system fixed?

Post by Wil »

I've only ever seen 3 of them implemented. What do the others do?
Erth
Expert Scribe

Post by Erth »

Honesty: An Open-Palmed Hand ("Lost" items / NPC merchant discount)
Less gold spent purchasing things from merchants means less gold being brought out of the game.

Honor: A Chalice (Honoring then killing monsters / walk amidst monsters without being attacked)
I don't personally see the need to have this added. I find that honoring monsters is tedious and making monsters easier to kill on here doesn't seem like the best idea but they could balance it differently. Honoring yourself and going 5 minutes without being attacked seems a bit too much to me but it's not like that has too much use and you can't attack anything while it's going on. Unless they decided to make monsters stronger somehow then I don't think it's a good idea to add it.

Justice: A Set of Scales (Killing reds / increased power scrolls amounts)
There aren't any reds on this shard and there's no need for more power scrolls to be added into the game.

Valor: A Sword (Kill champion spawn monsters / ability to activate and advance champion spawns)
Doesn't seem like a good thing to add, in my opinion. Champs are pretty fast anyway and are decent profit.

Humility: A Shepherd’s Crook (Kill evil-alighed monsters during Humility Hunt)
They would have to add it but I don't see anything wrong with it.

Spirituality: An Ankh (Use targeted heals and resurrections on other players)
Sort of pointless since Restoration heals players back to full health and it's not hard to get access to but sure, why not.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Post by Deadwerd »

I like the Sacrifice virtue, and use it when I'm in a tough spot (Dying in dungeon deep in fel, die champing alone, etc.), but see nothing special with any of the other ones. Maybe Honesty, since you can buy things for cheaper from NPC merchants in towns, but see no need for any of the other ones.
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.
jackpod
Expert Scribe

Post by jackpod »

I think there are more relationships behind each virtue. For example, honor is supposed to trigger perfection with bushido, granting damage boost/small heal on kill/increased luck depending on player's skill level. Overall, wouldn't virtues offer more diverse play style to users?
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Post by Deadwerd »

It would, but I feel that it would interfere with enough of the custom content's (air quote) "balanced" mechanics, and, due to this, the staff would be put through a lot of work to get everything to work in harmony with the new virtues coming into effect. They are already so busy with getting skills/BODs moved to the new system for Elysium, not to mention Elysium itself, so I cannot see this being on the staff's radar any time soon.
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.
jackpod
Expert Scribe

Post by jackpod »

true, given list of tasks fixing virtues might not be the top priority. but it would be nice to be able to implement to the game at some point!