Information About Fishing

Name says it all
Drow
Journeyman Scribe

Information About Fishing

Post by Drow »

Hello Excelsior,

I have some doubts about fishing.

Is there any difference about fishing in trammel or Felucca?

Is possible to get Ancient SOS in trammel or only feluca? ( I only tried in trammel and fished 12 Normal SOS and none Ancient)

Does luck make any diference on fishing?

Ty
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Re: Information About Fishing

Post by +Requiem »

I don't know about a difference in fel and trammel, but I do know that ancient SOS are supposed to be rare. Fishing up 12 isn't very many. If you fished up 100 MIBs and didn't see one, maybe something's wrong. Even then, it could just be bad luck.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

Ancient sos's are roughly 1 in 25. Ive done 50 before and got tween 1 and 4 usually1 or 2 though. Never seen difference tween fel and trammel. U can get asos's in tram or fel and luck (in game gear) doesnt apply. Only rl luck.
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Drow
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Drow »

I first played in Excelsior 6 years ago and fished 15 MiBs and got 4 Ancient.Started to play again a couple of weeks ago.
So the system changed.

Ty for the updates...
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

The system didn't change, your luck did.
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

is there different level of chests like treasure maps, with better loot in them? seems to me the only ones thatll fish up are ones that have 2000 or so gold in them.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

There are 5 lvls of chests, lvl 1 thru lvl 5. You get between 1k and 5k respectively. As far as loot goes its basically not worth it. Until sos/fishing gets a bump up the gold and the deco items are all that may be worth keeping. Nets are good too.
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Superduke
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Superduke »

Dreamstalker, In what way are nets good? As deco perhaps?

The nets itself are rubbish imo. They spawn a couple mobs that give very poor loot. Never got a mib from a spawned serpent either but that may be just bad luck.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

I use for deco yes i also use them occassionaly whe i go fishin with ancients i sometimes throw out a few green nets to clear out the rubbish. Not sure it helps though. Plus the hard cold stone floor in my sea side castle are a lot more comfy with carpet :)
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

dreamstalker wrote:There are 5 lvls of chests, lvl 1 thru lvl 5. You get between 1k and 5k respectively. As far as loot goes its basically not worth it.
The chest itself holds 125 items (10 more than petrified crafted chests) and is good for at least 10k gold on your vendor.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

I thought there were only 3 levels of fishing chests... but yes, there are different levels.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

went and fished up bout a dozen sos messages, lowest gold was 800 and highest was 5310 gold with the rest in the 2 to 4 k range. been awhile since i fished so just thought id check it out. pulled up 2 sea serpents from the sos messages also 1 with a map and 1 with a sos bottle.
Drow
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Drow »

dreamstalker wrote:went and fished up bout a dozen sos messages, lowest gold was 800 and highest was 5310 gold with the rest in the 2 to 4 k range. been awhile since i fished so just thought id check it out. pulled up 2 sea serpents from the sos messages also 1 with a map and 1 with a sos bottle.

I think doesn't worth to fish normal SOS, you loose too much time to get a small prize.

I think is better to use this time farming or fishing and trying to get an Ancient SOS.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

Yes i usually put reg sos's in destash and dont bother with them. This was just experiment to see what amount of gold there was.
'